What training to focus on to be a great fighter?

it sounds pretty dumb when you say it like that i have to admit. its not that i do swimming INSTEAD of kickboxing. its just that i am wondering if kickboxing will be the right thing to practice simultaniously with ground game. dont you think its best to focus on parts of fighting instead of training everything real hard at the same time but with less focus on specific elements of fighting?
See you may be right, you just one of the first who tells me its better to do.

Ι definitely disagree with that.

Sure, focusing more on grappling and less on wrestling and striking could make sense. You can do, say, 4 grappling sessions per week and only 2 striking and wrestling sessions each. But doing zero striking for a few years, while focusing on grappling... there are many good reasons why that is not ideal.

Imo, periodising your focus would make the most sense for someone starting out. Spend a few months focusing on grappling while doing, say, 1-2 sessions of wrestling and striking, then spend a few months focusing on striking while doing, say, 1-2 sessions of grappling and striking, and so on.

Ι definitely disagree with that.

Sure, focusing more on grappling and less on wrestling and striking could make sense. You can do, say, 4 grappling sessions per week and only 2 striking and wrestling sessions each. But doing zero striking for a few years, while focusing on grappling... there are many good reasons why that is not ideal.

Imo, periodising your focus would make the most sense for someone starting out. Spend a few months focusing on grappling while doing, say, 1-2 sessions of wrestling and striking, then spend a few months focusing on striking while doing, say, 1-2 sessions of grappling and striking, and so on.

Yea that sounds good, i can definately try that. thank you

it sounds pretty dumb when you say it like that i have to admit. its not that i do swimming INSTEAD of kickboxing. its just that i am wondering if kickboxing will be the right thing to practice simultaniously with ground game. dont you think its best to focus on parts of fighting instead of training everything real hard at the same time but with less focus on specific elements of fighting?
See you may be right, you just one of the first who tells me its better to do.

Training swimming is in NO WAY more beneficial to your goal of becoming a great fighter than training some other aspect of fighting or just using that time to re-commit to the aspects of fighting you're already training.

My posture; Big feet, Big hands, average leg strength, strong core, average shoulders, strong arms, strong neck. with strong i dont mean superhuman strong i mean i dont complain about it.
acces to good bjj and kickboxing coaches and maybe also wrestling.
With strength training i get help of several physiotherapists and instructors so that will do fine.

That's not what he meant by posture, but if you're training with physiotherapists they should let you know about postural/movement problems you have. Super important. Physios are the right people to train with.

okay sounds fine, and are you happy with your current job (i still dont know what your job is)

60 people? thats barely a street? o boi. But alaska doesnt have much population density am i right? Not much people there at all. But images on internet of Alaska look beautiful!

50 bucks is not much over twenty years.

yeah for sure. I like living in Alaska and I domother cool shit now. Mountaineering, pack rafting, hunting, tons of fly fishing.

Back