What to expect from Casanova gloves

Yahia Muhammad

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Casanova gloves look really interesting have anyone try them?
can they be used as bag gloves?
I cannot find a satisfying review anywhere

Casanova gloves look really interesting have anyone try them?
can they be used as bag gloves?
I cannot find a satisfying review anywhere

Hi Yahia, I have a 16 oz Casanova (laces) with extra padding and I really like them and yes they can be used as bag gloves. The gloves profile is very similar to the Cleto Reyes meaning that they have a wide pocket, however the Casanova provides more wrist support, better thumb placement and a little more stiffer padding. However, the Cleto Reyes does have a better build quality and they make an awesome pop sound when hitting the mitts.

I've never tried them, but I just looked them up and damn they make some ugly gloves. Their Cleto copies look okay but they still make some hideous gloves.

I've never tried them, but I just looked them up and damn they make some ugly gloves. Their Cleto copies look okay but they still make some hideous gloves.

well I don't know I think they are "Beautifully ugly"

@Yahia Muhammad I believe the expertboxing guy really loves them, he lists them as one of his favorites on his website. Worth a look since there's an in depth review of them on there.

they're very big in the pocket, like Mexican gloves seem to be, and the craftmanship is excellent although not quite as good as Reyes

definitely worth trying out, a very good brand

Can anyone explain why Casanova Boxing seems to have two different websites? There is https://www.necalliboxing.com, which seems to be the real deal. All the gloves are Hecho en Mexico. Then there is https://casanovasports.com, which looks like maybe it's just the U.S. site. The gloves look very similar, but not spot on. Some of the gloves on the Casanovasports site are only $100, whereas the necalliboxing gloves are all more like $150+. Is Casanovasports just a knockoff site?

Can anyone explain why Casanova Boxing seems to have two different websites? There is https://www.necalliboxing.com, which seems to be the real deal. All the gloves are Hecho en Mexico. Then there is https://casanovasports.com, which looks like maybe it's just the U.S. site. The gloves look very similar, but not spot on. Some of the gloves on the Casanovasports site are only $100, whereas the necalliboxing gloves are all more like $150+. Is Casanovasports just a knockoff site?
Casanovasports is a line managed by Pro Boxing Supplies, if you want real Casanova then definitely get from that first site and not casanovasports

if you have small hands, would these gloves be recommended? my understanding is that cleto reyes also have a wide pocket, will this be a no go as well?

Casanovasports is a line managed by Pro Boxing Supplies, if you want real Casanova then definitely get from that first site and not casanovasports

So what is the status of Casanova Sports? Has Casanova licensed its brand name to Pro Boxing or something?

So what is the status of Casanova Sports? Has Casanova licensed its brand name to Pro Boxing or something?
I don't know, but the shape of the Casanova gloves and other products look very different to what's on offer from Pro Boxing under their own line of the same name

According to expertboxing.com, they basically ripped off the brand and started selling under their name in the US. Also got themselves sued in the process. I don't know how legit that is, but if true, super scummy.

Quote fro EB:
  • Beware of the FRAUDS running under the name “Casanova Sports” (www.casanovasports.com), these are not real Casanova gloves! They are made in Pakistan and NOT Mexico! There’s a lawsuit out against them because these jerks went out and tried to trademark the Casanova logo. They’ve released some poorly-made gloves with a similar looking logo and pissing off many customers on Amazon. Beware!

According to expertboxing.com, they basically ripped off the brand and started selling under their name in the US. Also got themselves sued in the process. I don't know how legit that is, but if true, super scummy.

Quote fro EB:
  • Beware of the FRAUDS running under the name “Casanova Sports” (www.casanovasports.com), these are not real Casanova gloves! They are made in Pakistan and NOT Mexico! There’s a lawsuit out against them because these jerks went out and tried to trademark the Casanova logo. They’ve released some poorly-made gloves with a similar looking logo and pissing off many customers on Amazon. Beware!

Wow! If that's true, it's super scummy indeed.

if you have small hands, would these gloves be recommended? my understanding is that cleto reyes also have a wide pocket, will this be a no go as well?

That’s hard to say, but to be on the safe side, you might be better off with another brand. I have 16 oz Casanova gloves and they fit me just fine, but my hands are average medium size. Plus I’m used to the wide pocket style gloves.

Imagine people in the boxing world being scummy. What a time to be alive.

Kinda like the Grants guy but it’s catching up to him with all the new MEX local folks offering gear. Not that it’s necessarily a good thing.

Any update on the situation with Casanova and Pro boxing? I heard they withdrew the case, maybe due to laws based on location? That would be sad if they had to put up with Pro Boxing using their name on lame gear.

Any update on the situation with Casanova and Pro boxing? I heard they withdrew the case, maybe due to laws based on location? That would be sad if they had to put up with Pro Boxing using their name on lame gear.

What is going on?

What is going on?

Pro boxing supplies that brand of heavy bags you see in a lot of gyms (and Pro’s wearing their gloves) with insanely comical prices ripped off Casanovas name. They got the name registered in the US and cleverly changed some of the wording and added the logo to the back of the hand, but the logo at the wrist is very close to the original Casanovas and any beginner might mistake it for one and purchase it. It says made in the US but their suppose to be some cheap Pakistan gloves and it’s an awful move with malign intent since they went as far as to use Casanova’s specifications word for word in the details.

05D39AF0-4D00-4047-AD96-5A06711C051C.jpeg

5BA7C458-1BBE-4AC3-BFA2-33BBF54E246C.jpeg

First one is the real deal, second one is off ebay but it’s the same thing on the pro boxing supply site. Seems Casanova can’t do anything as PBS registered it in another country while changing up the wording on the logo. I might be wrong Idkw.

Man these guys are dirt..

Back