syct23

...ElipsisBelt...
@Steel
Reaction score
WORLD
ANCIENT SHROUD OF TURIN IS LIKELY FAKE, BLOODSTAIN ANALYSIS FINDS
BY DAVID BRENNAN ON 7/16/18 AT 11:53 AM

WORLDCATHOLIC CHURCHJESUSITALY
’s most controversial and mysterious artifacts. It is believed by some to have shrouded the body of Jesus Christ, while others consider it an elaborate hoax perpetrated by medieval con men.

Debate has raged for generations, but a new analysis claims to have put the matter to rest. Having employed modern bloodstain analysis, a team of researchers has declared that the shroud is most likely a forgery, Italy’s ANSA news agency reports.

Despite multiple rounds of testing using radiocarbon dating, pollen testing, microscopic analysis and image enhancement, scientists have been unable to say whether the object is legitimate or not. For many, it comes down to a question of faith.

gettyimages-470349854.jpg
Pilgrims in front of the Shroud of Turin in Turin, Italy, on April 19, 2015.MARCO BERTORELLO/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

The Catholic Church has classified the shroud as an icon, meaning it is considered to be a piece of artwork with much religious significance. If the shroud was ever found to be authentic, it would be upgraded to a relic.

“Even a crucified or hanging person should leave a distinct blood pattern on the cloth, which would be fascinating information to have,” Borrini told BuzzFeed News. The researchers were hoping to settle the debate on whether Jesus was crucified on a Y- or T-shaped cross, but they discovered more than they expected in the course of their two-year investigation.

gettyimages-477957762.jpg
Pope Francis touches the Shroud of Turin in the cathedral in Turin, Italy, on June 21, 2015.ALBERTO PIZZOLI/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Borrini and Garlaschelli found that the blood splatters on the cloth were inconsistent, suggesting the stains had been made with several different poses and likely by a standing person—not a corpse lying flat. The results also indicated that some of the blood had fallen vertically and somewhat randomly, almost as if it was sprinkled with blood from above.

Discuss...

I mean the religion itself is fake bullshit, so nobody should be surprised.

The shroud never added any validity to the Bible like other eye witness accounts and historical writings have. I always wondered why some Catholics give it much value.

How embarrassing if it turns out to be an ancient toss cloth.

You know how sometimes clouds can look like giraffes and shit..Maybe someone wiped there Butt back in biblical times ..

The shroud never added any validity to the Bible like other eye witness accounts and historical writings have. I always wondered why some Catholics give it much value.
Because they're Catholics, and have created their own perverted version of Christianity.

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them..." (Exodus 20:4)

Because they're Catholics, and have created their own perverted version of Christianity.

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them..." (Exodus 20:4)

Quite a forgery for the time. Between 1260 - 1390.

"Energy source: Since 1930 several researchers endorsed the flash-like irradiation hypothesis. It was suggested that the relatively high definition of the image details can be obtained through the energy source (specifically, protonic) acting from inside. The Russian researcher Alexander Belyakov proposed an intense, but short flashlight source, which lasted some hundredths of a second. Some other authors suggest the X-radiation or a burst of directional ultraviolet radiation may have played a role in the formation of the Shroud image. From the image characteristics, several researchers have theorized that the radiant source was prevalently vertical. These theories do not include the scientific discussion of a method by which the energy could have been produced."

490px-Full_length_negatives_of_the_shroud_of_Turin.jpg

@syct23

Ummmmmm.

I agree with the point though. I never got divine birth, virgin birth, resurrections and miracles being used as corroboration for the teachings of the supposed practitioner. Even in the mythical story of Aaron and the Egyptian priests, he admitted they could also work wonders for their Gods.

Ummmmmm.

I agree with the point though. I never got divine birth, virgin birth, resurrections and miracles being used as corroboration for the teachings of the supposed practitioner. Even in the mythical story of Aaron and the Egyptian priests, he admitted they could also work wonders for their Gods.

The whole virgin birth might just be a misunderstanding of terms as it could have referred to a woman having her first child. She was a virgin until she gave birth.

The whole virgin birth might just be a misunderstanding of terms as it could have referred to a woman having her first child. She was a virgin until she gave birth.

The mistranslations seem to suggest that the word used was young girl, and was translated into virgin. Either way, it would prove nothing of the validity of the person born divine. Genghis Khan and Achilles could claim that right then.

Quite a forgery for the time. Between 1260 - 1390.

"Energy source: Since 1930 several researchers endorsed the flash-like irradiation hypothesis. It was suggested that the relatively high definition of the image details can be obtained through the energy source (specifically, protonic) acting from inside. The Russian researcher Alexander Belyakov proposed an intense, but short flashlight source, which lasted some hundredths of a second. Some other authors suggest the X-radiation or a burst of directional ultraviolet radiation may have played a role in the formation of the Shroud image. From the image characteristics, several researchers have theorized that the radiant source was prevalently vertical. These theories do not include the scientific discussion of a method by which the energy could have been produced."

490px-Full_length_negatives_of_the_shroud_of_Turin.jpg

@syct23
That image should be enough to indicate that it's fake.

If you have a sheet put over you, even if you were covered in paint, the sheet doesn't record a perfect image of your body and face like that. It will be a distorted mess of smears, not some perfectly shaped drawing of a person.

The fact that it even looks like Jesus should tell you that it was designed to fool uneducated dolts from the dark ages. I can't believe there are people still being fooled by it today.

That image should be enough to indicate that it's fake.

I don't care much about the 'Shroud of Turin' either way. I'm just throwing that out there. My quote on 'energy source' had to do with the point of 'resurrection', not the blood stains. I'm Catholic, with a faith in God and the faith that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. I still have issues with the old and new testament, both written by man, not Jesus, not God. Faith goes deeper than a piece of cloth (shroud), a book (bible), and a building (church). People who have faith, have it for different reasons. Mine did not come from the bible or the church. I don't rely on physical proof. I've experienced all the proof I need and have no doubts in that area.

Back