What to do when someone doesn't stop when you tap?

Had a similar situation. First hour was kickboxing training and we ended with sparring. I've got good control but still managed to manhandle, clinch fuck and head kick my sparring partner in our round together.

Next hour was jiu jitsu. Same partner starts teaching the class and we go over
Some technique that is way over my head. We finish with rolling and he tapped me out at least a dozen times in our two rounds. It was all friendly and good natured but he clearly knew who the big dog was
LOL!

That's the dude U go get a beer and a burger with, trade experience advantages, and hopefully train a decade with.

Worked for me from the beginning of time!

Someone paces the piss out of me, I want to know how and why!

Who manhandled who? Wtf with these posts are you drunk when you type them in?

I would stab him outside the parking lot, and then shoot him with my .45 caliber semi-automatic.

An important question, since you're so new, is if you were actually in a submission when you tapped or where you just tapping because you were terrified/exhausting/extremely uncomfortable. Because if you were in a sub, he probably just didn't notice you tapping, especially if it wasn't fully locked in. And if you weren't in a sub, he probably didn't think you were tapping. After you train for awhile you get used to looking for the tap at certain points when applying a submission, so you generally let go instantly when you feel it. But if you're not in a position where another trained guy would normally tap, you're not looking for the tap so it's much harder to recognize when it comes. Especially if you're rolling with someone who's flailing around and 'tapping' you constantly with his hands just trying to figure out what to do. So make sure you're really assertive with your taps.

Yup. I have to tap whenever I get stacked in an over/under pass. If my partner doesn't know me, I usually have to tap them physically two or three times AND say tap because they aren't spending any brain cells expecting to hear it.

Back