What the hell was Mario Lopez doing on the MMA Hour?

Wasn't he a national champion? And according to you, would ko-ing an opponent count as competing?

And people say MMA is barbaric...dudes in TKD get KO'd on gym hardwood floors.

<36>

Now you're just knit picking. That is a form of kickboxing and is full contact. The rules just don't allow punches to the head but it's a pretty decent indicator of his striking ability. Kyokushin guys have similar rules but focus on body punches and do well in kickboxing. It took him a very long time to get his BB in BJJ too. Sometimes being a good teacher and contributing can get one promoted. It's not always about competitions. I would like to see if he's any good though.

You can still get knocked out in point fighting style competitions. No idea how TKD shit is run but if you have to stop after a landed strike and there's no knees, elbows or punches, not sure how to that is exactly supposed to transfer over to MMA well. He'd probably have a hard time just transitioning to full rules MT, let alone MMA striking.

He's a California state-placer in wrestling. California only has ONE class. That is an outstanding achievement. He was a better HS wrestler than several top MMA fighters known FOR WRESTLING (Guida, Lamas, etc).

Didn't you see his head and arm throw on Saved by the Bell? Lol

Better credentials than at least 90% of Sherdog.

I think most people don't know how big California is. We have around 40 million people. California would be a decent sized country on par with Canada.

Placing in California is way different than placing in other states. Way different.

I ran track, and getting to sections was like getting to state finals in other states in terms of competition.

Dude is Legit AF he woulda made a fantastic Commentator

And people say MMA is barbaric...dudes in TKD get KO'd on gym hardwood floors.

<36>

You can still get knocked out in point fighting style competitions. No idea how TKD shit is run but if you have to stop after a landed strike and there's no knees, elbows or punches, not sure how to that is exactly supposed to transfer over to MMA well. He'd probably have a hard time just transitioning to full rules MT, let alone MMA striking.
Oh he'd probably get his ass beat in muay thai. That's a whole different world. When people throw around that word kickboxing, I am picturing american kickboxing with is really just continuous full contact karate. Muay thai is in a league of it's own. We are on the same page, just different semantics.

Or call him a big personal assistant lol! I thought it was odd too, until I saw how many people kept bothering his time with his family. Shootz, Michael Rapaport even had some huge dude walking around with him at the May-Mac fight.
probably a rental like Mayweather's mink coat.

Ugh...no I'm not nitpicking. No punches allowed? In a striking based form of competition? Can they clinch and knee? Or are they just going back and forth trying fancy kicks?

Dude, Lopez was a better wrestler than several top wrestling-based MMA fighters.
See post above and I'm fairly certain mario would beat the shit out of Joe. Having a boxing background alone puts faith in that, and his wrestling credentials further make me trust it. I think dude is a purple belt too.

ybSQPFB.jpg

I think most people don't know how big California is. We have around 40 million people. California would be a decent sized country on par with Canada.

Placing in California is way different than placing in other states. Way different.

I ran track, and getting to sections was like getting to state finals in other states in terms of competition.

We're the 6th largest economy in the world...sounds crazy when you think about how there are 195 countries and our economy is bigger than all but 5 of them.

Oh he'd probably get his ass beat in muay thai. That's a whole different world. When people throw around that word kickboxing, I am picturing american kickboxing with is really just continuous full contact karate. Muay thai is in a league of it's own. We are on the same page, just different semantics.

See post above and I'm fairly certain mario would beat the shit out of Joe. Having a boxing background alone puts faith in that, and his wrestling credentials further make me trust it. I think dude is a purple belt too.

Joe would beat the shit out of me, based on experience, size, strength and BJJ. Having gotten that out of the way (and I know he's not an MT stylist), his padwork video with JWP illustrates how stiff his standup looks. I mean...sparring is a different story but you're supposed to look good on pads. Now in Joe's defense, I've never sparred JWP but I sparred Lerdsila quite a bit and he's a much better MT fighter (both in terms of skills and credentials) than JWP ever was so maybe Joe didn't look great in sparring because of who he was sparring against...going up against a high level pro as a hobbyist can make you look like a baby in comparison to them.

Talk about shitty padholding lol:

I was thinking this guy was Mario Lopez..
george-lopez.jpg

Who the fook is Mario Lopez?

I seriously can't believe he did that spin in those tights. Bruh.........

That's one of his moments his boys eat him alive for lmao.

Well, he needed the plastic surgery because of boxing.

Right. Had that twisted around. Thanks. Then the surgeries were botched, too, no?

A shame he hasn't had a meaty role like The Wrestler since his comeback. The man is insanely talented. Sin City 2 kind of sucked but he is such a perfect Marv.

He supposedly banged Berkley & Theissen ... he can do what he wants.
(not that I have to watch it)

lol Mickey Rourke has got some other shit going on

Idk how hard Mario spars but a lot of people vouch for him getting his rounds in.

Yeah no disrespect to Mickey but I think he's done a lot of rounds with cocaine & heroin.

Back