What the hell is WME doing?

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They're a new company and they're cutting costs, I get that, but refusing to pay/cutting guys like Misha (best lhw prospect), bader (top conteder at lhw), larkin (#6 ww), Perez (whose like 7-2 in the ufc), Kyoji (top contender at flyweight), story (a solid top 15 vet at ww whose 3-1 in his past 4), etc. is horrible.

CUT THE FIGHTERS THAT SUCK, and PAY THE GOOD ONES. Refusing to pay solid guys and potential contender is beyond retarded imo. Whose gonna be left? 1 or 2 stars and the rest just fighters that are like 1-4,2-4,0-1 etc?

Not paying/cutting these legit guys but keeping cans is gonna bite them in the ass in the long run imo.

Edit: Although this means that overall mma will improve and orgs can get stronger, hopefully WME's screw up bring a lot of overall growth to mma, so i guess... KEEP SCREWING UP WME lol

Last edited:
they want to do many shows with minimal to good profit rather than fewer shows with minimal profit because they're, in their opinion, overpaying top fighters.

maybe. I don't mind that top fighters are leaving the UFC though. I watch other orgs too. Don't bother me none.

Yeah so far, in terms of their letting fighters go and match-making / cards, these guys are actually making Zuffa look Einsteinian.

Idk, but I hope they keep it up and end up killing the UFC monopoly for good.

To answer your question..
c412bf57-e673-4bcf-a068-693871ebaebe_1.jpg

This is beautiful...they appear to be fucking up so badly that it could end the monopoly stranglehold that the UFC has over MMA.

The more players/promotions there are, the better the pay and benefits will be for the fighters.

I'm all for WME continuing to fuck shit up.

I'm 50/50 with this. I see you're point and don't disagree, but then again there are some really interesting fights for a guy like Bader in Bellator and he'd be relegated to gatekeeper in the UFC so, as a fight fan I probably win in the long run.

Who are the WME owners again? Why are they ruining my favorite sport?

Idk, but I hope they keep it up and end up killing the UFC monopoly for good.

When did you start watching MMA? It sucked having all of the top talent spread across Pride, UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, IFL, etc... Look at the state of boxing. Do you really want MMA to end up like that? Having one major company is better for the fans.

When did you start watching MMA? It sucked having all of the top talent spread across Pride, UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, IFL, etc... Look at the state of boxing. Do you really want MMA to end up like that? Having one major company is better for the fans.
During the Conor era.

Im fine with all the top fighters in one place, just not Hollywood UFC. I want all the talent in Bellator and RIZIN. That would provide the best experience for both the fans and fighters, imo.

They are doing very good. Cutting costs well and cutting fighters who will eventually come back to ufc since none will pay as good as ufc, or sustain so many athletes paid so well.

It didn't suck at all. It led to better cards from all of those organizations.

People cry about matchmaking and fights not happening just as much now as they did then. The UFC's current matchmaking is awful, and we're seeing top fighters fight less than ever. Look at Jacare. In SF we saw him fight regularly. In the UFC, far less and against weaker competition usually. Worse yet, the UFC is so slow with matchmaking their top fighters that we see top fighters sit on the shelf for months at a time with no fight lined up.

MMA was better with multiple orgs. They have to actually compete with each other then to put on good cards.

Fertitas had a passion for the sport.. WME bought it as an investment. Looks to me that they want to have lots of small shows with low buys filled with low end fighters with the odd big pay per view.

They'll keep only one fighter on rooster.And Dana.And then both of them will run.I told mill.times,new ufc with new owners-that's fuckin' circus.Idk what but something is wrong with them from the start.Idk,or something bigger is behind,masterplan,to kill company and start again.These days you can't be sure even with your wife(snake)

The WME = Bane

Zuffa = Batman

UFC = Gotham

They're a new company and they're cutting costs, I get that, but refusing to pay/cutting guys like Misha (best lhw prospect), bader (top conteder at lhw), larkin (#6 ww), Perez (whose like 7-2 in the ufc), Kyoji (top contender at flyweight), story (a solid top 15 vet at ww whose 3-1 in his past 4), etc. is horrible.

CUT THE FIGHTERS THAT SUCK, and PAY THE GOOD ONES. Cutting a few hundred meh fighters that clearly aren't top material is fine, but refusing to pay solid guys and potential contender is beyond retarded imo. Whose gonna be left? 1 or 2 stars and the rest just fighters that are like 1-4,2-4,0-1 etc?

Not paying/cutting these legit guys but keeping cans is gonna bite them in the ass in the long run imo.

Edit: Although this means that overall mma will improve and orgs can get stronger, hopefully WME's screw up bring a lot of overall growth to mma, so i guess... KEEP SCREWING UP WME lol
From what Luke Thomas was saying the Misha situation is different. His management mishandled something that pissed Dana off, it wasn't a straight low offer and it's not irreconcilable. You right about the others though.

If you wacht Tecia torres fight and pay 60 buck to wacht a PPV headlined by Randamie vs Holly, they don't need to pay Misha or Larkin.

If people show in droves to wacht a washed out GSP, and they don't to wacht Misha or larkin they don't need Misha or Larkin.

Simple.

Last edited:
I'm all for fighters being paid better actually so it is a good fucking thing. It'll attract more talent that know this will pay well

Back