What the hell happened to Linkin Park?

Pop rock.
Korn invented so called new metal. But at least they were original .
This lot were always the weak alternative to the fat detuned sound of korn..

They are just popular metal for the mainstream to like..

Their first two albums were perfectly good pop albums. I went to see them specifically but at ozzfest 2001 and Sanitarium a year or so later they played a good show and got respect from a Metallica crowd..which aren't always an easy bunch. Ask Fred Durst who got a bottle in the face on the same bill.

I still listen to Hybrid Theory every now and then. That album was the tits

This is actually a great track and there a few other decent ones on that album.

Other than that Reanimation is only thing they've done that I really liked.

This track with Chali 2na is fire.

Chester should have stuck with the DeLeo brothers and dumped LP. The tracks he did with STP were the best things I had ever heard from him. (Admittedly, based on his LP output, the bar was not that high.)

they were always awful, nasally carppy vocals and real bad rapping, just manufactured garbage to cash in on the whole rack rap epidemic in the early 2000's

It's interesting you say it was "essentially nu-metal." Of course it was. LP were nu-metal gods back in the day.

I don't say that disparagingly. I love nu-metal at that time. LP, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust, Static-X. . . That was my shit.
Wow if that list were a line up for a festival that would be my definition of hell.
edit:
well maybe not static-x, they have some good songs

Wow if that list were a line up for a festival that would be my definition of hell.
edit:
well maybe not static-x, they have some good songs
Sevendust is a good band...or was. Haven't listened to them in ages.

Last edited:
Back