What the hell happened to Linkin Park?

Wow. I stopped listening to these guys after their second album I think, holy Christ what a drop off. Now they just sound like some generic pop band rather than a generic nu metal band lol. And I fucking hate modern pop bands.

They went softer to draw a wider audience, and because the songs on their first album were killing the dudes vocal cords. Not everyone can scream for 20 years.
they've always been soft its nothing new I for one am glad Nu Metal has damn near died out.

they've always been soft its nothing new I for one am glad Nu Metal has damn near died out.

Soft compared to a metal band sure. They've definitely gone from rock to pop rock in recent years.

The people that don't like them obviously don't like that style of music but that doesn't make them bad at all and LOL at the guy who said they are corny but comes from rap? Haha what's more corny that baggy joggers and cringy lyrics about moms and money? Eww go away.

LP are as good as it gets in Nu-metal and they are awesome in my opinion and their first few albums were huge and ground breakers in their category and still the best out there today.

Fuck your rap, hip hop and R&B, metal heads dare to be different.

Weren't they manufactured just like any other boy band just with a harder edge?

I was in 9th grade when Hybrid Theory came out, and I remember my friend bought it on our Washington D.C. school trip, and we traded back and forth on his walkman to listen to it on the bus. I thought it was such a cool album.

Then I grew up, and I don't listen to anything Linkin Park. Just hearing it now makes me ashamed of my younger self.

They went softer to draw a wider audience, and because the songs on their first album were killing the dudes vocal cords. Not everyone can scream for 20 years.
Wonder if that explains Corey Taylor and the sad decline of slipknot. Or it could just be commercial selling out as well.

<6>

Yikes... that new song is a real piece of shit.

Although to be honest, I never liked that old one you posted either, 'One Step Closer'.

I was never into them enough to get a full album, but they had a few decent hits. I think this one is my favorite:

It's interesting you say it was "essentially nu-metal." Of course it was. LP were nu-metal gods back in the day.

I don't say that disparagingly. I love nu-metal at that time. LP, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust, Static-X. . . That was my shit.

I would be interested to get your take on what you think are the best 5, or 10 songs from each of the bands you have mentioned.

I still listen to Hybrid Theory every now and then. That album was the tits

<6>

Yikes... that new song is a real piece of shit.

Although to be honest, I never liked that old one you posted either, 'One Step Closer'.

I was never into them enough to get a full album, but they had a few decent hits. I think this one is my favorite:

Good heavy bag tune when you are on beast mode to burn out sessions.

Are you gonna go listen to them?

I mean, I don't compile lists for nothing.

No I just want to see if you will do it.<{cruzshake}>
lmoa...yes, of course to listen to silly pants.<9> I am not sure why, but your reply made my cry a little with laughter.<{MingNope}>

Nothing happened to Linkin Park because well, they were a never was. And I say were because even being a never was was a long time ago. They missed the boat on the whole grunge scene. They came in when that fad was fading. And thank god that fad faded.

different tastes for different bands. just that we have different appreciation for linkin park at their various stages in their career?
i think i will bookmark this and listen to them again when i am a decade older :p

Wonder if that explains Corey Taylor and the sad decline of slipknot. Or it could just be commercial selling out as well.
No with Slipknot and Mudvayne they just evolved and changed shit up Corey even came out and said he's not he same person he was back then. IMO Stone Sour having a bit of success lead to Slipknot being the way they are now.

I was in 9th grade when Hybrid Theory came out, and I remember my friend bought it on our Washington D.C. school trip, and we traded back and forth on his walkman to listen to it on the bus. I thought it was such a cool album.

Then I grew up, and I don't listen to anything Linkin Park. Just hearing it now makes me ashamed of my younger self.

hahaha I still dont mind Linkin Park though listen to them rarely.

No with Slipknot and Mudvayne they just evolved and changed shit up Corey even came out and said he's not he same person he was back then. IMO Stone Sour having a bit of success lead to Slipknot being the way they are now.

Mudvaybe are one of the few who still make decent music.

Never listened to these people before but the 1st song sounds corny and try hard as fuck but the 2nd song aint bad
Good on them for getting better
One Step Closer is the worst song on that album. I don't know why the TS posted it.

Back