What the hell happened to Linkin Park?

Never listened to these people before but the 1st song sounds corny and try hard as fuck but the 2nd song aint bad
Good on them for getting better

probably because you are 15-20 yrs younger than i am
i grew up on alice in chains and pantera
not that nu metal rap rock garbage

I'm sure my age and the fact that nu-metal came along during my late teens/early adulthood had something to do with it. But I still think the best of nu-metal is still good music.

I'll also point out that I was listening to Megadeth, Metallica and GnR before I fell into the nu-metal wave so it's not like I had never heard other forms of metal/rock.

I saw them in Summer of 2003, and they're a great live band. Chester sounds better in his concerts than he does on his recorded tracks.

The problem is... they haven't put out a single track I'd want to hear in concert since then. They've been absolute shit after their second album.

Yeah I saw them when I was in middle school. I think '99 or 2000. It was a great show. Saw a bunch of chicks flashing everyone lol.

They adapted to the market and added longevity to their career. You can't be an angry teen all your life.

They went softer to draw a wider audience, and because the songs on their first album were killing the dudes vocal cords. Not everyone can scream for 20 years.

Correct, sadly. I worshipped Slipknot in high school, would still jam them if they were hard like old times because I still like extreme metal, death metal and heavy metal.

But I've heard recent Slipknot, Too sing songy, stupid singing to bitches music. hate that crap.

I listened to Linkin Park once...now I'm gay.

I saw them in Summer of 2003, and they're a great live band. Chester sounds better in his concerts than he does on his recorded tracks.

The problem is... they haven't put out a single track I'd want to hear in concert since then. They've been absolute shit after their second album.

Yeah live in Texas sounds pretty much as good as their singles (maybe a little less digital).

Because they don't have a good style of music to copy from

i still remember where i was when i first heard In The End by Linkin Park. Their first couple CDs you could listen to every single song.

Bunch of hipsters up in this piece.

Was a huge fan of their first two albums. Lost interest when they started going more towards poppy stuff.

Always really disliked this band. Didn't mind some nu-metal like Korn, Bizkit, Slipknot (if they count) but couldn't have this band ever. They played a few years ago at a festival before Metallica, that was my "have a piss, get a drink and chill" session.

Their first 2 albums were great.

They were pretty good when they first came out.

I don't really get the hate for them. They're a decent rap-metal-electronica band, who make catchy two-minute songs, that appeal to angsty teens and makes for good workout music. It's not meant to be taken too seriously IMHO. It's like going to a Fast and Furious, and complaining about cheesy acting.

Back