What the hell happened to Linkin Park?

Alex

HAHAHA LMFAO LOL
@Black
Reaction score
From this:

To this:

Please kill me, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

They went softer to draw a wider audience, and because the songs on their first album were killing the dudes vocal cords. Not everyone can scream for 20 years.

I always thought they were kind of corny, coming from a rap background, but god do they suck without Mike Shinoda.

Honestly, if you didn't see that coming from a band that was so formulaic, and wanted so bad to be as mainstream as possible, then you just weren't paying attention.

They went softer to draw a wider audience, and because the songs on their first album were killing the dudes vocal cords. Not everyone can scream for 20 years.
It would be better if he just joined club 27.

Honestly, if you didn't see that coming from a band that was so formulaic, and wanted so bad to be as mainstream as possible, then you just weren't paying attention.
I really weren't, I listened to Hybrid Theory as a kid, and stopped after Reanimation.

I saw them in Summer of 2003, and they're a great live band. Chester sounds better in his concerts than he does on his recorded tracks.

The problem is... they haven't put out a single track I'd want to hear in concert since then. They've been absolute shit after their second album.

When a bands audience is teens, what will often happen is that those teens grow up and realize that the band's music actually sucks. Although some may not realize that their old music also sucks because they have fond memories of it.

And I think we are done here.

I really weren't, I listened to Hybrid Theory as a kid, and stopped after Reanimation.
Yeah, but even Hy did Theory was really an attempt at being as mainstream as possible while still being rock. It was essentially nu metal which was the mainstream of its time.

I can't tell the difference.

Both songs are shit.

I saw them in Summer of 2003, and they're a great live band. Chester sounds better in his concerts than he does on his recorded tracks.

The problem is... they haven't put out a single track I'd want to hear in concert since then. They've been absolute shit after their second album.
you never listened to minutes to midnight? thats a great album as well.

245063794_5ab866053b.jpg

Not as bad as TS is making out tbh.

They were always an easy-listening version of angst-rock.

This isn't much of a stretch for them at all.

They've been absolute shit after their second album.

Pretty much this. Hybrid Theory and Meteora were both solid albums that I loved during my early 20s. LP is literally unrecognizable now though.

Seriously, if you had put their old shit against their new shit and didn't tell me it was the same band, there's no way I'd think both were Linkin Park. Or to put it another way, if you time traveled back to 2002 and had 20 year old me listen to their new shit and told me it was Linkin Park, I'd have called you a fucking liar.

Yeah, but even Hy did Theory was really an attempt at being as mainstream as possible while still being rock. It was essentially nu metal which was the mainstream of its time.

It's interesting you say it was "essentially nu-metal." Of course it was. LP were nu-metal gods back in the day.

I don't say that disparagingly. I love nu-metal at that time. LP, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust, Static-X. . . That was my shit.

From this:

To this:

yeah
both songs
are utter crap
meant for the kiddies
nu metal is dead thank god

Hybrid theory, meteora and reanimation were good. Everything else is shit.

Back