What the F Is up with the F.b.i, keeps dropping the ball...

It is difficult to prove that an attack that didn't happen was planned and prevented.

If the FBI didn't try to find the guy who posted the comment, they were certainly derelict just as they were when people started reporting that Arab men were taking flying lessons for commercial airliners who weren't pilots. The FBI is often portrayed as not working well with local law enforcement. There seems to be more competition than cooperation. There needs to be some database for the police and FBI to share information. The shooter used his real name in the comment. If the FBI could have accessed the locl police record on the poster, they might have had a reason to take the threat seriously.

There have been several students arrested around my area who left warnings in school bathrooms. Saying you are going to be a professional school shooter seems to qualify as a terrorist threat. Especially if they found out that the person making them had been in trouble at school.
The US gov. has mentioned they have thwarted Jihadist attacks. And I am not talking about those 'entrapment' cases where the Feds convinced some gullible idiots manipulated by a FBI mole.

The US gov. has mentioned they have thwarted Jihadist attacks. And I am not talking about those 'entrapment' cases where the Feds convinced some gullible idiots manipulated by a FBI mole.

I'm certain they have thwarted many but those won't get much attention because they aren't media events like the attacks that aren't prevented. If the FBI had found Cruz and arrested him for terrorist threats, we would probably never have heard about it.

Yeah, it's a failure at a bunch of levels, not the least of which is just medicating and coddling everyone, then making celebrities out of every lunatic who goes on a rampage. I don't need to see that motherfucker's face or read his manifesto. Just call him some whacked out loser and these things dry up next week. Ridicule the people who do it, and people will not want to do it anymore. It really is that simple.

i always found this an odd line of thinking. they arent really made celebrities. Do you know this kids name? i sure dont. same with the VATECH shooter, i think sandy hook was adam lanza, cant remember the name of the guy pretending to be the joker, cant remember the name of the dallas shooter, etc.

I'm certain they have thwarted many but those won't get much attention because they aren't media events like the attacks that aren't prevented. If the FBI had found Cruz and arrested him for terrorist threats, we would probably never have heard about it.
Yup. And that's my point, that the media and public only get to hear or highlight those cases that fell through the cracks leading to death and injury. Considering our population size and rights afforded to us, there is always going to be some people who the Feds don't notice or think are threats, who go on to commit crimes.

I think it's very difficult to discern from a kid being a jackass and someone that is a legit threat.

The sheer number of reports the FBI receives nation wide must be staggering. Everyone went to high school with or knew some weirdo that would say some off the wall shit.

How is an organization that tackles so many issues supposed to investigate every report and accurately discern whether someone just made a silly youtube comment or legit plans to kill people?

There have been at least two Islamic terror attacks in the UK where the terrorists were known to MI5, but the Security Service was unable to keep a close enough watch on them due to lack of resources. Sometimes, tragically, the bad guys slip through the net.

i always found this an odd line of thinking. they arent really made celebrities. Do you know this kids name? i sure dont. same with the VATECH shooter, i think sandy hook was adam lanza, cant remember the name of the guy pretending to be the joker, cant remember the name of the dallas shooter, etc.
Don't know this kid's name, but everyone knows Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and even know what movie he shot up, the Vtech was some Korean name. I don't have a TV, so I'm not up on them too well, but their photos and names are usually put on the news for a good several weeks after, and for these wierdos, that's the closest they'll ever get to any kind of fame.

The FBI is too busy trying to take down Trump!

Don't know this kid's name, but everyone knows Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and even know what movie he shot up, the Vtech was some Korean name. I don't have a TV, so I'm not up on them too well, but their photos and names are usually put on the news for a good several weeks after, and for these wierdos, that's the closest they'll ever get to any kind of fame.

i recognise the names now that you emntion them, cant put a face with each though. I doubt most young people know Klebold at all. Had to google Eric harris, his name wasnt as memorable.

Maybe not saying their names a whole lot is helpful, most things arent reffering to this person by name at all, i assume thats why i dont know it. hes just the parkland shooter. generic scumbag

edit: people know the movie holmes shot up because he showed up dressed as the extremely well known villian. if hed killed people at Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter i doubt people would remember.

i recognise the names now that you emntion them, cant put a face with each though. I doubt most young people know Klebold at all. Had to google Eric harris, his name wasnt as memorable.

Maybe not saying their names a whole lot is helpful, most things arent reffering to this person by name at all, i assume thats why i dont know it. hes just the parkland shooter. generic scumbag

edit: people know the movie holmes shot up because he showed up dressed as the extremely well known villian. if hed killed people at Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter i doubt people would remember.
You know more than you think you do. I mean, we all know the unabomber's name too. What I said was that you know them too, which you do. You know who killed Lincoln too, and you know who killed RFK, JFK, John Lennon etc.

Being a psycho isn’t a crime. If we put them on a list that prohibits as suggested, gun nuts will say that today it’s for violent threats and tomorrow for having conservative opinions. Plus, they can always purchase a gun illegally. Though adding another barrier would help, it doesn’t stop those who really want it (which could be said about any crime and is a really lame point for not passing or enforcing a law)
No. I'm quite fine with temporary prohibitions for people who are under investigation. Or increased screenings.

You know more than you think you do. I mean, we all know the unabomber's name too. What I said was that you know them too, which you do. You know who killed Lincoln too, and you know who killed RFK, JFK, John Lennon etc.

i dont know the name of who killed RFK or Lennon off the top of my head. im sure id recognise them name

leading to what?

wake me when something real happens, which it won't, b/c there's nothing to find

I love how every Trump supporter became a criminal expert when it came time to defend Daddy. I'm glad Robert Mueller found the time to share all his evidence with you, let's just hope you don't rat him out for it and get the investigation in deep deep trouble!

The recent school shooter was interviewd by f.b.i and still allowed to purchase a gun?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasac...ng-threat-from?utm_term=.rcG9RBRek#.wtk3ydyVG

Evil Russia gave a call to the f.b.i warning about the Boston bombing brothers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...suspect-tsarnaev-report-idUSBREA2P02Q20140326

Gay night club shooter was interviewed by the f.b.i for 2 prior terror related cases. His own father might have even made a call.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/index.html

Nassar the pervert, which translates to the protector or helper in Islam

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/201...ed-by-nassar-while-fbi-knew-about-allegations

Hope they weren't putting too much man power on investigating Trump.
Though you make some decent argument about the fbi and it’s ability to “stop” crimes before they happen.

Your last line about manpower investigating trump, screams of partisan agenda.

Tweets by trump have started this fbi “unfit” narrative with absolutely no logic to the sentiment.

The idea that fbi resources are so thin that trump investigation would eat into domestic terrorism resources is buffoonery at its highest level and a grasp at straws for a conman who feels the handcuffs tighten...

Your last line is just perpetuating that buffoonery.

They dropped the ball.

Back