What the @##@: Dogs boiled alive before consumption due to belief suffering makes meat taste better

I eat fish, and very very rarely any meat. Probably a few times a year at most. But I do not see the issue with meat eaters being critical of this practice , because being a meat consumer does not mean one supports the inhumane slaughter of animals.
The meat industry consistently partakes in the inhumane slaughter of animals. If you eat meat then you are sustaining the cycle of mass murder of living sentient beings.

And what has all that got to do with revulsion at dogs being boiled alive , deliberately. So because the previous generations had a tougher life, we should treat animals cruelly?? I don't see the logic here.
i dont think you could have missed my point by a larger margin.

There are laws meant to ensure that animals are killed humanely. Some factory farms not following the law is not the same as government and society officially accepting cruel methods of slaughter.
Some companies also circumvent OSHA laws, so does that mean there is no difference between us and countries like Saudi or UAE where there are no such laws and where worker safety is meager to non-existent.
you should be educated on the topic.
Taking babies away from moms immediately upon birth is the standard
Not being allowed outside, ever is the standard
castration, dehorning, and other surgeries done without anaesthetics. the standard.
Theres much more. Our governments in NAmerica do not require any form of ‘humanity’.
kids yapping, annoying wife... someone get this guy to watch a vid or two! k, thanks

The meat industry consistently partakes in the inhumane slaughter of animals. If you eat meat then you are sustaining the cycle of mass murder of living sentient beings.
You know, I think about this pretty often. The meat industry is inhumane, inefficient (the ammount resources spent to produce meat is insane), incredibly harmful to the environment... if the world would come together and think about it logically and ethically, animal agriculture would cease to exist almost entirely.

Then I eat a fat, juicy steak and think "yeah, we're doomed".

I thought stress and adrenaline ruined meat? Combining the two worst way to go - drowning and burning? Sounds like something a psychopath would think up. Brutal.

I thought stress and adrenaline ruined meat? Combining the two worst way to go - drowning and burning? Sounds like something a psychopath would think up. Brutal.
They do, but there seems to be a belief that eating tougher meat makes you more masculine. Tender baby beef is for women, :eek::eek::eek:s and westerners.

They do, but there seems to be a belief that eating tougher meat makes you more masculine. Tender baby beef is for women, :eek::eek::eek:s and westerners.
This :eek::eek::eek: westerner would curb stomp someone boiling an animal alive.

This type of thing makes me not so sad we dropped a payload over North Vietnam greater than we had in Dresden in WW2.

I hope you don't plan on going to Red Lobster anytime soon.
Damn. Never even considered lobsters. I'm allergic to shrimp so haven't been there in decades.

I've owned many dogs but never had a pet lobster so the mental imagery just isn't the same. More akin to boiling spiders, not cool, but let's not pretend we have the same relationship as with mammals.

It probably depends on the species and experts who study their behavior could tell you about the negative outcomes of captivity. I think it's pretty clear that primates, killer whales, elephants, etc. do badly in captivity (and it's possible to study and know this). Like people, it varies animal to animal too.

I bet it's really hard to study for species of fish, invertebrates, etc. (dumb animals).

Squid and octopi are actually very intelligent invertebrates.

Still not understanding the concept of “ humane slaughter “

Cutting throat open
Gutted
Bolt gun to the head
Electrocuted

How is any of that “humane”

Humane would be to let the animal live in peace and instead eat vegetables, nuts, fruits , legumes etc

I don't like the idea of killing and eating dogs, but there are people who don't like the idea of me eating pigs, cows or deer either. So, who am I to judge?

How do you know most people are eating meat that was cruelly killed? And how are most people supposed to know which farms are violating the law. Just as the people who eat at a restaurant wouldn't know if the labor working in the kitchen are being abused.
For some, that's why hunting has become popular.

Still not understanding the concept of “ humane slaughter “

Cutting throat open
Gutted
Bolt gun to the head
Electrocuted

How is any of that “humane”

Humane would be to let the animal live in peace and instead eat vegetables, nuts, fruits , legumes etc
Usually, the bleeding and gutting happen after the animal has been bolted or electrocuted...you know, after it's dead.

In Vietnam dogs are boiled alive before being eaten, because it is believed suffering makes the meat taste better.

How the eff can anyone come up with this thinking? I mean I know people all over the world have superstitions but it baffles me that anyone could rationalize that suffering = adrenaline = better tasting meat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5548781/Dogs-filmed-crammed-truck-way-slaughter-Vietnam.html

Mr Brown said: 'In Vietnam, it's believed eating tough meat makes a tough man.

'Many think dog meat boosts a man's libido, helps their joints and even cures illness. But none of this is scientifically proven.

'The preference is for tough meat, it's like the opposite of meat eaten in the West.

So they think by terrifying the dogs, they flood them with adrenaline and make the meat tastier.'

Reports suggest an estimated five million dogs - many snatched from homes - are eaten annually, with Hanoi serving as the most lucrative market.

--
Aren't they supposed to be majority Buddhist? Why aren't monks protesting this inhumane treatment.

Lots of hot Vietnamese chicks in my area, so your point is invalid.

<{1-9}> .

Only difference is most people are indifferent to animals suffering in farms

I’ve been vegetarian for 7 years and went vegan 6 months ago. Could never see myself eating meat again

But that is fallacious. There is suffering and then there is suffering. The bad factory farms do not hurt animals on purpose.

Ya factory farming is that fucking bad

Dude, no, it is not that fucking bad. Can't you see that neglecting animals their whole life, which, indeed, induces suffering, is not on the same level as providing a gruesome death on purpose?

Why do people try to make that point ITT?

BTW, I hate factory farming and believe that it should be highly regulated. Animal suffering should be made illegal. And that includes animals that never see daylight and that never leave their shitty little boxes.

I bring my own cup to the coffee shop for a coffee to go so as to not induce plastic waste. I heat my place with the wood I chopped. I bring my tupperware to the butcher to put my meat. I separate waste in paper, plastic and glass and recycle everything.

I am that kind of f4g, so please don't think that I am not sensitive to the environment.

Back