what styles produces best kickers???

biggino

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
this is simply meant to be a fun debate not my style vs your style just making conversation. I made an thread and someone got in a debate which style makes best kickers...Sooo i want to know which style of MA or sport produces the best kickers, in YOUR opinion and why you feel this way?. Savate? Muay Thai? Karate? Tae Kwon Do? American kickboxing? Capoeira? etc...Just would like to see the general consensus here. Thanks

depends on what you define as best but my top choices would be MT, Kyokushin, TKD.

Of course it depends on the fighter but I'd say:
- for power: MT
- for variety: TKD
- bit of both: Karate
- most flashy: Capoeira

Both of those clips suck and is time wasted on spinning shit. I had a kickboxer join our club and he kicked far better, realistically and more lethal than anyone in there..

I'd say Muay Thai produces the most powerful kickers and TKD or Karate produce the most versatile kickers, though plenty of Nak Muay can put a kick on a dime and TKD guys can blast the shit out of you. Personally, I throw my round kicks Thai style but I still use back side and spin kicks that I learned years ago in TKD.

Like most of the others:

MT for power
TKD for variety and speed

But i haven't really trained in other kicking arts. Would love to learn some karate ones, and I also believe savate (french boxing) has some interesting techniques...

I'm very fond of the Savate style kicks, but I'm more of a puncher than a kicker personally, so I can't really weigh in other than to say "I think Savate is sweet!"

I'd say Muay Thai produces the most powerful kickers and TKD or Karate produce the most versatile kickers, though plenty of Nak Muay can put a kick on a dime and TKD guys can blast the shit out of you. Personally, I throw my round kicks Thai style but I still use back side and spin kicks that I learned years ago in TKD.

Every no punch to the face contest between Kyokushin or Muay Thai vs TKD is won by the Kyoukushin or Muay Thai guy.

Muay thai and tkd are the two kings.

You will find very good kickers from other styles also. But often genes and the type of person make it count.

But in muay thai and tkd, there are more or less every single person that have great kicks.

Lots of great kickers from many styles.

I don't think there is a style that produces the best kickers. Each art has it's own flavour of kicking that produces excellent kickers that excel with specific kicks or techniques that are a part of their style.

For example; I like Yodsanklai's roundhouse kicks to the body, Ryu Narushima's headkicks, Kiyohide Shinjo's toe kick to the body etc etc - all from different styles.

I think it's less style - more how much a students spends practicing kicks and if they have any genetic/physical advantages that aid kicking.

Soccer and 'merican Football (real football)

Sanda is conspicuously absent from this thread.

Especially when you factor in kicking vs people who are allowed to wrestle.

Should have had yodsanklai's bodykick there.

Back