@purple
Reaction score
Squats come in many forms. Some that I have had experience with are as follows:

Back Squat
Front Squat
Zercher Squat
Jefferson Squat
Bodyweight Squat

I prefer the Jefferson Squat at the moment. I like the fact that I can pick the weight up off the ground, and don't have to worry as much about my lumbar region. I also am a fan of the wide stance, it carries over well into my martial arts training. Enough about me. What about you?

What squat best suits your routine, your goals, and why?

Rotate high and low bar as well as front
Low bar for this comp

Front only. Got my lowerback injured a fee years back and I think I can do back squats again but theyre painful in my shoulders. Meed to relearn em again lol

Back and Front Squat. But I am new to front squat and they are mostly heavy on my hands. I have not experienced with other squats to be honest. I like how the Front Squat feels, but I love my back Squat too much.
My current routine currently has 1 day on Back Squat, 1 day on Front Squat.
Before I was doing my Back Squat warm ups with Front Squats :)

You should do belt squats if your back is the issue. I do all kinds of squats but mainly back squats.

Bulgarian split squats, front squats, and a few goblet squats during my deload weeks.

This type of Squat or Jefferson Squat greatly forces the knee.
I prefer the Sumo Dumbbell
Pile_Sumo_Dumbbell_Squat1.png

This type of Squat or Jefferson Squat greatly forces the knee.
I prefer the Sumo Dumbbell
Pile_Sumo_Dumbbell_Squat1.png

I actually feel Jefferson is easier on my knees; especially as opposed to back squat.

What is your set, and rep range for sumo dumbbell?

high bar squat to support the Olympic lifts

... which help train explosiveness for grappling.

also front squat and overhead squat for the same reason.

Back squats bc I’m most used to it and squats suck.

What I’m really amazed by is the people who do front squats with the wrists bent backwards. I think if I tried doing it that way again I’d give myself permanent damage. I only do it cross armed now

So you'll lower for 4 seconds, pause for 3 seconds at the bottom, and come right back up in a second. This means each rep will last at least 7 seconds, which is 2 or 3 times longer than the speed of movement most people use in the gym.

Recommends 3 sets of 5 to 6 reps with about a minute rest between sets.

I actually feel Jefferson is easier on my knees; especially as opposed to back squat.

What is your set, and rep range for sumo dumbbell?

So you'll lower for 4 seconds, pause for 3 seconds at the bottom, and come right back up in a second. This means each rep will last at least 7 seconds, which is 2 or 3 times longer than the speed of movement most people use in the gym.

Recommends 3 sets of 5 to 6 reps with about a minute rest between sets.

Time under tension for hypertrophy or strength gains as the ultimate goal? I know I'm asking follow ups, but trying to capture a solid of idea on how I need to do what is suggested.

Back squats bc I’m most used to it and squats suck.

What I’m really amazed by is the people who do front squats with the wrists bent backwards. I think if I tried doing it that way again I’d give myself permanent damage. I only do it cross armed now

I do my front squats with the wrist backwards. It takes about a week or two to get adjusted where the ROM is there, and I personally don't have too much problem with it after that.

Sometimes if I load the weight wrong while transitioning my palms from prone to supine to catch the weight it can tweak the wrist. Other than that I give it about a week, and I'm set.

Back