What should a fighter focus on when facing a fighter like Khabib?

They just need to accept that they will get mauled. Only then will they find peace.

Khabib has been training judo and submissions since he was 5 years old from his father.
This is the worst possible game plan.
Because nobody that has trained submissions heavily has been subbed in mma?

Live behind a strong jab, and have a ground game like Werdum.

I like your post.
I think that at LW, Kevin Lee has the best game to beat Khabib. I think he'd stop the takedowns (like Tibau did), and on the feet he would be the aggressor (like in the Ferguson fight where he was able to rock Tony a few times). Regardless of Lee not being very technical, he´s still better than Khabib imo, and definitely packs more power on his punches and kicks.

Although Lee is not close to a TS right now, how do you see a fight between Lee and Khabib going?
That's a tough one. I think I'll go with khabib right now just because I think he's a little better wrestler and a little better with submissions. That fight would be on the feet a lot longer than most of khabib's fights. But, I could see Kevin winning the first 2 rounds, but I think he will get tired from the constant pressure of khabib and will eventually get taken down. in other words I don't think it will be lack of skill that hurts lee, I think it will be his cardio. There's a chance lee comes out and rocks khabib too. Lee is a better striker. But given Khabib's approach, he forces everybody to fight different when in the ring with him. Lee wouldn't be near as aggressive. But man it's one we can't really know until it happens. I'd love to see it.

That's a tough one. I think I'll go with khabib right now just because I think he's a little better wrestler and a little better with submissions. That fight would be on the feet a lot longer than most of khabib's fights. But, I could see Kevin winning the first 2 rounds, but I think he will get tired from the constant pressure of khabib and will eventually get taken down. in other words I don't think it will be lack of skill that hurts lee, I think it will be his cardio. There's a chance lee comes out and rocks khabib too. Lee is a better striker. But given Khabib's approach, he forces everybody to fight different when in the ring with him. Lee wouldn't be near as aggressive. But man it's one we can't really know until it happens. I'd love to see it.
Yep, good analysis. Pretty much Lee would have to finish Khabib before running out of gas. Tough to imagine Khabib being finished when we haven´t even seen him in any kind of trouble at all.

Damn I didn't think a lot of people thought Lee had good striking. I think he was power but based on technique I think Khabib has the edge.

Knocking down Ferguson isn't anything special. His striking defense is atrocious and could very possibly be the most hittable fighter in the entire UFC.

The key to Ferguson is his a tough SOB with an amazing gas tank, has great recovery and has been shown almost impossible to put away.

Then after his opponents have exhausted their tanks Tony kills them.

Yep, good analysis. Pretty much Lee would have to finish Khabib before running out of gas. Tough to imagine Khabib being finished when we haven´t even seen him in any kind of trouble at all.
Yea I feel similar about him as I did Floyd Mayweather. I would always say "this is going to be the guy to beat him" and then floyd would win.

100% Jose Aldo style TDD

Keep it standing and piece him up with boxing, keep distance, and be ready to react to TD attempts.

Back