What purpose does Weidman being humble or funny serve anyone?

mmacasualviewer

Hardcores vs Casuals
@red
Reaction score
Demian Maia & Gian VIllante already are under contract.

"Real man"... "Who Do I fight next? I dont know, do the people want to see me champion again?"

To answer the question in the title: He's a legitimate role model for the ppl who look up to him. Ya know how ppl try to emulate their idols? Better to emulate the Chris than say, Rampage, Jon Jones, Conor, Floyd, etc.

more entertaining and relatable, more likely to support and get excited for his fights..

It's funny how Chris is the only one who became a worthy trashtalking adversary of The Count.

This goofy ballet & wikipedia stuff from the others was so weak.

If the question is what does he have to gain from promoting himself more or better, the answer is everything.

To answer the question in the title: He's a legitimate role model for the ppl who look up to him. Ya know how ppl try to emulate their idols? Better to emulate the Chris than say, Rampage, Jon Jones, Conor, Floyd, etc.
Bullshit. Weidman has a huge ego, is delusional when it comes to how good he is, and makes excuses for all his losses. He's pretty much Johny Hendricks without the weight problems.

Pa2rHu0.gif

Bullshit. Weidman has a huge ego, is delusional when it comes to how good he is, and makes excuses for all his losses. He's pretty much Johny Hendricks without the weight problems.
Maybe I don't watch his interviews enough to see his huge ego, but the thread title included the word "humble." I don't fault any human for making excuses for losses. I also haven't really heard him continually make excuses for his whopping 3 losses. The fight with Moose, he was clearly trying to play the game, and he lost. That's the only time I've really seen him come off in a bad light.

But like I said, you may know more than me based off of interviews or countdown shows and such. He's a human, not a saint though. Dude gets to have flaws and still be a good person worthy of ppl's respect

Unless you're trying to emulate a meathead jock pumping his fist and celebrating an accident as his opponent lays on the floor in agony from an obvious fracture, while your corner man taps you on the back saying "good, fuck him".

But yeah, he's a better role model than the guys you named I agree.

Everybody up the top has huge ego, trust me you don't get anywhere in martial arts without ego. I don't see anything wrong with him believing in himself, especially that he was fighting top competitors and have been a bit unlucky in his last fights

To be fair the mistake is more that people try to emulate idols and false idols. No celebrity should be responsible for making sure they are a good role model for people who don't know how to properly look for a role model.

Unless you're trying to emulate a meathead jock pumping his fist and celebrating an accident as his opponent lays on the floor in agony from an obvious fracture, while your corner man taps you on the back saying "good, fuck him".

But yeah, he's a better role model than the guys you named I agree.
Didn't Silva get popped after that? Doesn't seem like cheating is too respectful either. His job is to physically hurt others and he cheats and roids to do that?

And you know nothing about MMA. And I mean nothing. Only a moron would call a perfectly timed check someone has been practicing for months an accident. A fucking accident?

Didn't Silva get popped after that? Doesn't seem like cheating is too respectful either. His job is to physically hurt others and he cheats and roids to do that?

And you know nothing about MMA. And I mean nothing. Only a moron would call a perfectly timed check someone has been practicing for months an accident. A fucking accident?
And seems you know nothing about common sense. Kicks get checked all the time, but how often does someone break his leg throwing it? It happens maybe once out of 10,000 kicks thrown? Or more? Either way, needless to say it's extremely unlikely and a freak occorrence, but hey keep thinking Chris masterminded breaking his opponent's leg in the gym.

And Anderson did not get popped after the fight, but hey dont let a silly thing like facts stand in the way of you being a jackass and pretending you know what you're talking about.

To be fair the mistake is more that people try to emulate idols and false idols. No celebrity should be responsible for making sure they are a good role model for people who don't know how to properly look for a role model.
Very true, but "shoulds" are often trumped by the reality of the situation. You're a famous athlete? Then you're a role model to many, whether you realize it or want it or not. I completely agree with your sentiment, but people aren't smart(?) enough to not idolize others.

They say never meet your heroes bc you'll be disappointed that they aren't the way you imagined. But I find comfort in that bc it humanizes them and makes their achievements seem more attainable to the common person.

Back