What Pound For Pound truly means. In depth.

Thank you for leaving women off. P4P doesn't allow a handicap bonus for gender

Which is weird... you know... since it does allow a handicap bonus for little guys who would get their ass kicked by bigger guys who rank lower on the list.

Sooooo...

"You should give me more credit as a fighter because I'm a woman." = Total Bullshit

"You should give me more credit as a fighter because I'm just a little fella." = Perfectly Legit

Gotcha.

Pretty good list TBH, although I'm still not sold on Stipe.

Which is weird... you know... since it does allow a handicap bonus for little guys who would get their ass kicked by bigger guys who rank lower on the list.

Sooooo...

"You should give me more credit as a fighter because I'm a woman." = Total Bullshit

"You should give me more credit as a fighter because I'm just a little fella." = Perfectly Legit

Gotcha.

It's P4P not G4G !

Its stupid because if they were all the same weight with the exact same skill set of their original weight, the lihter guys automatically win. So it doesnt work like that.

For me, its basically a list of champions decending based on defense of title.

Its pointless all around but here we are

The biggest problem of the thought experiment that is pound for pound rankings is that we mentally strip the bigger fighters of their brawn and power but we don't mentally strip the lighter guys of their speed and cardio advantages.

OJnzjWv.jpg

Jesus, lol.

Doesn't it just mean who's more dominant in their respective weight divison?

Example: The #10 HW would kill a BW champ who defended 10 titles in a row, but the BW champ is MUCH more dominant in their division. Bonus points for going up a divison.

P4P lists aren't fair because they favor the lower weight classes.

Think about it. It's easier to have 5 title-defenses at FLW than it is to have those defenses at HW. Because of the power difference. Anyone can get slept with a single punch.

I will be closely monitoring this thread, as it pertains to me.

Your title is misleading. There is no depth to your explanation or your post.

what it means? fucking nothing, its fiction

Women carry extra non-sporting weight in the chest, buttocks, and thighs.
If you subtract this weight, they’d weigh much less and would be eligible for P4P.

Many of you are unaware of this because you’ve only been with sticks and haven’t enjoyed a real woman.

First off it's subjective and stupid and we all know. But if we're going by what it was created for, it was created in boxing to compare fighters between weight classes to see who was the best not taking into account size. Also. Fighters who have competed at multiple weight classes in boxing and had success would be ranked in the P4P more often then people who just compete in one. Going by this. Here is my top 5 current pound for pound.

1. GSP. Champion at 170, and 185. Just fought like 3, months ago and Hasn't said he is retiring.

2. Conor McGregor. Champion at 145, and 155. Undefetaed at 145, 155. 1-1 at 170.

3. Daniel cormier. Champion at 205. Former strikeforce champ at 265. Undefeated at HW. 2 losses at LHW(Technically).

4. Mighty mouse. 125 champion. Has many wins at 135.

5. Stipe miocic. 265 champion. Baddest man on the planet. Only weighs 240 so could probably cut to 205 and get wins tbh.

This list isn't a GOAT list. It isn't most dominant champion list. It's what POUND FOR POUND was ment for. Que the name calling.

Boxing created p4p as a marketting ploy so you dont go 'this 135 guy isnt really cut out for fighting kinda like how 4 foot 5 guys arent cut out for basketball'.

The biggest problem of the thought experiment that is pound for pound rankings is that we mentally strip the bigger fighters of their brawn and power but we don't mentally strip the lighter guys of their speed and cardio advantages.
Yup or give the lighter guys the power as they go up in size, which is what I do when I think about it

The one thing it doesn't take into account is the power. The chance of a 125er being KOd is almost non existent. Whereas in HW it's the most real possibility. It allows guys like MM to have a completely different approach for fights and we can't measure their chins the same. If the people you're fighting don't have the ability to KO you then who's to tell how good your chin is?

It was created as a way to hyoe sugar ray robinson and can basically be boiled down to if everyone was the same size, who would be the best, thus the idea that the person who would be the best would be scaled to their weight, meaning they would be the best fighter pound for pound.

It is inherently biased against heavier weight fighters for that reason.

The one thing it doesn't take into account is the power. The chance of a 125er being KOd is almost non existent. Whereas in HW it's the most real possibility. It allows guys like MM to have a completely different approach for fights and we can't measure their chins the same. If the people you're fighting don't have the ability to KO you then who's to tell how good your chin is?

Its inherently biased against heavyweights and is meant to remove intangiblr and immeasurable things like chin and power. Its an observation of skill, and at heavier weights you build your skillset around power as you tend to have more of it, and can take a hetter shot because youre a bigger human.

Yup or give the lighter guys the power as they go up in size, which is what I do when I think about it
Yup. Demetrious Johnson as a heavyweight would be slower, couldn't keep up the frenetic pace, and would knock fools out cold much more often.

Back