What possesses strikers to take down BJJ blackbelts?

It happens alot with kickboxers who are still novices at grappling. They do what they've been training to do but the fight iq isnt there yet. Alistair did alot of that,and still does sometimes.

Yeah but Alistair actually has top level grappling at HW and has done MMA about as long as kickboxing. Hunt seems to be a natural at wrestling though his submission defense took a long time to catch up to his wrestling(Hunt has always been pretty hard to control on the ground).

That’s not what happened in the Fedor-Werdum fight. Life is more than an MMA record in Wikipedia, my son.
I remember thinking he was spending too much time in werdums guard and him being calm while slowly getting locked in, me stressing out. It was a long time ago though and i dont like to revisit that fight. What really happened then?

I dont use wikipedia to look up fight records im loyal to the fight finder. Didnt know you were my dad. Remember when you walked in on me watching a Cro Cop highlight and giving me a disgusted look, saying how it was shameful he kicked a guy who was down? Or are you my mom? Remember when you walked in on me... never mind we quietly agreed to never speak about it..

Edit:
Ah I checked the Sherdog TM play by play from back then and I guess maybe Fedor was never truly in what you would call guard. He did get out of sub attempts and kept focusing on offense calmly though. I was scared when Fedor followed down and kept at it because its typical Werdum to play possum and he is very dangerous even when hurt.

Seems to me the focus of the thread is more about better strikers following ground experts to the ground, but yeah I guess you figured out I registered this account after taking a liking to reading about fights on wikipedia. Somehow I got the right take on the Nog fights but wiki betrayed me on the Werdum one. Maybe when googling for wiki links I stumbled upon gifs from the nog fights.

Last edited:
Back