What Owning a Ramen Restaurant in Japan is Like

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
This is Fuck'n-A, check it out.
Don't forget the CC, unless you're illiterate, in which case just try and follow along.

Last edited:
93 hour work week...naaah, im good.

Other than those instant spicy ramen noodles I used to eat back in the internet cafe days I haven't really had a good bowl of ramen.

Would you guys recommend?

That guy takes pride in everything he does in his restaurant. I've always admired the Japanese culture for that characteristic. Basically the search for the perfect cherry blossom mentality. Everything you do you do it to the very best of your ability. Even if it's just viewing cherry blossoms. It's crazy that it's considered fast food in Japan, yet he is cooking with such passion with every individual order, delivering quality food, and then comparing that to our American concept of fast food.

Other than those instant spicy ramen noodles I used to eat back in the internet cafe days I haven't really had a good bowl of ramen.

Would you guys recommend?

When next in Vegas:

http://ramensoralv.com/

deluxe-sora-ramen.jpg

This documentary shows the difficult ordeal of a Westerner becoming a ramen master.

season 3 of chef's table on netflix has an episode on ivan orkin who moved to japan and opened his own ramen joint.

93 hour work weeks, don't think my body could handle that.

Newsflash: the restaurant business isn't a high margin operation 90% of the time. These people have to work hard as fuck just to pay the bills. Makes me sad that something so delicious requires so much effort.

What a miserable existence, basically just spending your whole life in the same place working.

Definitely not for me.

Back