denmarker

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
yogurt?
chia seeds?
manuka honey?

just want to get more suggestions....

I find it hard to define a "health food".

One thing I add deliberate is oat bran, which I put in a morning shake or add to oats for porridge. It's the part of the bran containing most of the soluble fibre which is supposedly the good bit.

I find it hard to define a "health food".

One thing I add deliberate is oat bran, which I put in a morning shake or add to oats for porridge. It's the part of the bran containing most of the soluble fibre which is supposedly the good bit.

oat bran. got it. i heard of this before but didn't really boil down to it. will make a mental note to get this.

i guess to me, health food is just food that would not be bad for us. haha.

Liver
One of the few major sources of retinol. Also high in most B vitamins and many minerals.

Broth/gelatin
One of the few major sources of glycine. Glycine is the most predominant amino acid in all living organisms. Particularly good for joint, hair, nails, and bone health. Also acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter similar to GABA.

Eggs
Similar to liver, but with less nutrients per calorie.

Potatoes
The perfect food. Contains nearly all essential nutrients and amino acids. The only food you can literally live off of.

Carrots
Unique fibers and phenolic compounds capable of inhibiting endotoxin formation in the gut. Just works to ease an unsettled stomach.

Beets
Contains special nitrogen compounds that have performance enhancing effects, improve metabolic efficiency. Also seems to have similar effects on the gut as carrots.

Liver
One of the few major sources of retinol. Also high in most B vitamins and many minerals.

Broth/gelatin
One of the few major sources of glycine. Glycine is the most predominant amino acid in all living organisms. Particularly good for joint, hair, nails, and bone health. Also acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter similar to GABA.

Eggs
Similar to liver, but with less nutrients per calorie.

Potatoes
The perfect food. Contains nearly all essential nutrients and amino acids. The only food you can literally live off of.

Carrots
Unique fibers and phenolic compounds capable of inhibiting endotoxin formation in the gut. Just works to ease an unsettled stomach.

Beets
Contains special nitrogen compounds that have performance enhancing effects, improve metabolic efficiency. Also seems to have similar effects on the gut as carrots.

i love livers.

anyone got recommendations where to buy manuka honey in asia? im in south east asia now.
a bit wary of these suspicious looking china brands :D:D

don't want to sound racist, but i have to look at labels really carefully for anything in asia, even the well developed cities like singapore hongkong or tokyo

anyone got recommendations where to buy manuka honey in asia? im in south east asia now.
a bit wary of these suspicious looking china brands :D:D

don't want to sound racist, but i have to look at labels really carefully for anything in asia, even the well developed cities like singapore hongkong or tokyo
Try jarrah honey its cheaper and proven more affective

I take chia seeds
Jarrah honey
Bee pollen
App,e cider vinegar
Eat heaps of veg
Avocados
Walnuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios
Cook with drippings, lard or duck fat
Watermelon daily
Ginger and garlic goes into everything I cook
Turemic
basically nothing out of a packet (i do slipp up from time to time)
And large doses of stevia from time to time

Staples of my diet, which you could refer to as health foods, would be greek yogurt, almonds, spinach, chia seeds, and sweet potato.

I like a well balanced North American diet

vickie.png

My favorite vegetables

54be4f19a8b53.png

Good source of carbohydrates

fried-chicken.jpg

healthy fats and high source of lean protein

fruits and veg mostly. also yakult for that probiotic

I like a well balanced North American diet

vickie.png

My favorite vegetables

54be4f19a8b53.png