What online BJJ site do you use the most?

Canada23

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those of you who have been using a couple subscription sites over the years, which one do you always go back to and get the most use out of?

Last edited:
Grapplingarts stephan kesting

DVDs

Phone / tabletter apps

YouTube vids

Articles

Really like his stuff and guest instructors.

At my last (and first) tournament just this Sunday.

- Grip fighting and gringo grip
- Gringo grip to triangle
- Gringo grip to keeping sleeve grip to hip bump

All from his "defeating a bigger stronger opponent 2" with Brandon Mullens.

Great stuff.

At my last (and first) tournament just this Sunday.

- Grip fighting and gringo grip
- Gringo grip to triangle
- Gringo grip to keeping sleeve grip to hip bump

All from his "defeating a bigger stronger opponent 2" with Brandon Mullens.

Great stuff.
I have no clue what a "gringo grip" is. Not sure if it is I am just old........

The Art of Jiu Jitsu website is excellent. Loads of good techniques. The Caio Terra one is good but he shows a too technical tricky style while the Mendes brothers embrace using power, speed and strength.

I have no clue what a "gringo grip" is. Not sure if it is I am just old........

Well Brandon said they guy who showed it to him in Mexico was a gringo so they called it the gringo grip

He uses it here (the part where he pins the opponents hands to the opponents groind area).

I love the whizzer to triangle btw

What this video misses is how he takes an opponents lapel grip, then uses his two hands and hips to pop the grip off and pin the opponents hand to the ground area.

Grapplingarts stephan kesting

DVDs

Phone / tabletter apps

YouTube vids

Articles

Really like his stuff and guest instructors.

I usually just type in youtube a technique that I want to learn (mostly because of what happened while rolling during the day) and if I see video of kesting in the lot I'll check it right away.

There's usually no bullshit with him it's always simple and straightforward

I usually just type in youtube a technique that I want to learn (mostly because of what happened while rolling during the day) and if I see video of kesting in the lot I'll check it right away.

There's usually no bullshit with him it's always simple and straightforward

He is a super nice guy as well, has emailed me back a few times. His apps for 20 bucks are really worth it (choose which DVD u want one at a time and watch on phone/ tablet).

I also like his "16 moves every white belt should know"

http://www.grapplearts.com/the-16-most-important-techniques-for-the-bjj-beginner/

and his "roadmap app".

Finally his deep half guard stuff is supposed to be top notch.

If I'm trying to refresh on a technique, I'll check first to see if Gerbil has a version up. His teaching really works for me.
Then I'll see if it was on Kurt Osiander move of the week.
I really liked kesting coming up as a white and blue belt.

I like Chew-jitsu's channel for drills.

Haven't bitten the bullet on subscription site yet.

I also own basically every Ryan Hall DVD, so I spend a lot of time with those.

I used to like Kesting a lot but lately it feels like he has a tendency to jump on whatever the latest craze is and just get something out there as fast as he can without necessarily completely analyzing it as well as he used to. Hi earlier stuff is awesome though for sure. Especially for beginners. I feel like he's the one Youtube personality every beginner should know.

For me it's been MGinAction. Incredibly well organized, you can see moves from different angles and even see Marcello use them in live rolls and/or competition. The only drawbacks are that it's a paid site and that if you don't like his game, you may not get as much out of it.

Back