What No-gi choke will black someone out quickest

elbowskneeskicks

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have passed out from a really tight darce a couple of times, and i was just wondering, from experience, what choke puts people out the fastest. I feel like gullotine, Anaconda and similar chokes feel really, really tight if done correctly so just wondering what you guys find most effective.
133523142.jpg

Short choke with belly down! its like the RNC's big brother who got sent to prison

I think its a ninja choke. Unlike an RNC, with a ninja choke and a leg hook, the guy really cant move his body or engage his arms against the choke. In addition, with a ninja choke, all of your hip power is being forced directly into where the corotid is being attacked. With an RNC, your hip power is forcing his used to control his hips rather than apply more force directly to the strangle.

Much more difficult to get to and you have to be strong, but when you are talking about which one can put the lights out fastest, its Ninja choke IMO.

Last edited:
The fastest tap out usually comes from a guillotine right across the trachea. The fastest choke out is usually from the RNC

The fastest tap out usually comes from a guillotine right across the trachea.

Its like a primal fear response hard coded into peoples autonomous system. You know that point right down where the neck meets the clavicles? Put your hands on that and people just start gagging involuntarily. Its crazy.

it depends who is applying the choke
this. ^

people specialize at different things.

FWIW, i think in the first Jacare vs Camozzi fight, Camozzi went to sleep from an arm-triangle in literally two seconds.

i meant in regards to skill set , ive had blackbelts apply chokes and escaped but then you get blackbelts like Braullio and victor Estima when they choke you your choked you dont even get time to tap there that deep, Also ive been tapped a few times by Jeff Monson with a North south choke and thats scary to, but when i sparred standing up with him i gave him a hard time

this. ^

people specialize at different things.

FWIW, i think in the first Jacare vs Camozzi fight, Camozzi went to sleep from an arm-triangle in literally two seconds.
Pretty much. Certainly no more than 5 seconds. I think it's a combination of technique + Jacare's crazy strength.

i meant in regards to skill set , ive had blackbelts apply chokes and escaped but then you get blackbelts like Braullio and victor Estima when they choke you your choked you dont even get time to tap there that deep, Also ive been tapped a few times by Jeff Monson with a North south choke and thats scary to, but when i sparred standing up with him i gave him a hard time

giphy.gif

Back