What MMA or kickboxing fighter could've possibly made it as a pro boxer?

When I was younger I always enjoyed his boxing in k1. Favourite fighter of mine and definitely had the most skilled hands in that weight division of k1. But not sure really. Boxing is another animal.
yeah I doubt he would have been a titlist or anything at that level, but his hands were pretty fast and he got the combinations and stamina down. I don't think his defense would have been good enough though.

The world is full of clueless mugs. The amount of people I know that laid money on mcgregor KOing Floyd is embarrassing

I’m a massive fan of TJ but he’d lose handily to Cody in 8oz gloves and a boxing ring, let alone a top level boxer

Not sure if serious but anyways

Yeah a top level boxer, arguably 1 of the very best of all times. But also a retired defensive point fighter who carried Conor so as to not hurt his ego and who wasnt even trying. Outweighed at that. Showed an absolute shit version of himself and Conor could barely land anything.

Probably none... the reason being that if you had what it takes then you would be a boxer due to the financial gains alone.

<6>
JDS and Crocop could very well be in the elite of heavyweight boxing if they dedicated their whole life to boxing. Crocop is just too much of a curious guy to be satisfied only with one dimension of fighting. He is one of those guys that will never stop trying something new. Even now at an older age when there's nothing left to prove he is learning judo extensively. Your logic about financial gains isn't true at all. There are great athletes competing in every martial art because of various reasons that date back to their childhood. It's about passion and love for a martial art. Saying they're not good enough cuz they didn't decide to box is silly.

And let's be honest professional boxing the way it's set up with massive gloves, knockdowns and 12 rounders is far more dangerous than every other martial art or MMA in terms of damaging your brain and body. No surprise it's the most paid kind of prizefighting. But there are people for whom health doesn't have a price.

Cro Cop competed at the AIBA worlds which is about as much as any MMA fighter has done in ammy boxing

Masvidal and Nick Diaz have both had pro bouts

Miocic and Garbrandt were regional golden gloves winners

Lil Nog was a pan am medalist

Not sure if serious but anyways

Yeah a top level boxer, arguably 1 of the very best of all times. But also a retired defensive point fighter who carried Conor so as to not hurt his ego and who wasnt even trying. Outweighed at that. Showed an absolute shit version of himself and Conor could barely land anything.

100% serious. One of my mates is a bookie and even he threw money on McGregor? He should know better! I only bought the fight so I could rip the piss out of my mates who came round.

I think Mike Zambidis make a good boxer. But he be a one trick pony. He just jump in and launch that hook.

Peter Aerts too, he had long arms, and quite a few punching KOs in KB.

Mike Bernardo had like 15 boxing fights for mostly wins. Could have been better if he solely concentrate on that imo. Always liked his left hook.

Most of your MMA elite champions are college wrestlers, that are top champion wrestlers and not your boxers who won Golden Gloves and decided to turn to MMA instead of boxing.

Also most MMA fighters actually had boxing matches and didn't do very good or are average professional boxers or amateur boxers that didn't fight anyone and wasn't any good and decided to turn to MMA.

So none of them would do any good in boxing and even at MMA are not that great, the UFC say they are the best ever and this is a different fighter every dam weak and telling us that no one will be better.

In my opinion the UFC and MMA hasn't even come close to the best ever and a fighter like Floyd or Ray Robinson type of talent skills wise and 99% of these fighters are average stand up strikers and incredibly weak kickboxers and great wrestlers.

I have seen street fighters that study martial arts and have sparred against, that have more skills then these MMA kickboxing wrestlers.

99% of your MMA fighters can't even throw a sidekick correctly and have terrible balance, timing and footwork that i have ever seen.

That's why they don't Box and that's why they wrestle first and then turn to MMA because MMA is wrestling with kickboxing and jujitsu submissions with rules that make fights that normally would end in seconds, las 30 min they put certain rules in place to make them last 30 minutes and this isn't realistic and actual street fighting.

That's why these MMA fighters get beat up in street fights and at gas stations, by normal people that have no amateur or professional fights or don't even have any martial arts training. Because 99% of them are wrestlers with terrible striking techniques and terrible timing and balance.

That's why these fighters get hit with every punch, that the slowest fighters i have ever seen throw at them and get so beat up, you would think they couldn't fight at all, and then you see Floyd just toy with professional ex champions and legends and not get hit or even a mark on his face and both are professional fighters but just in different sports of fighting.

The UFC and MMA haven't even come close to Boxing"s talent and greatness as fare as abilities and natural God gifted abilities yet.

This will happen when someone with crazy striking and kicking abilities like Roy Jones or Floyd, that decides to fight in the UFC and literally destroys everyone without being hit or even having to take someone down or chokes fighters out standing up.

These guys are not even great kickboxers what makes you think they could be good or great Boxers.

They have come close with Anderson Silva and Mighty Mouse and Bones Jones, but all of them are just poor strikers with great wrestling or good strikers with good jujitsu and terrible kickers. Fighting even worse MMA fighters that are just tough guys that have great chins, but are poor at every fighting sport invented and couldn't even win a jujitsu match or Karate tournament.

When a MMA fighter can stand right in front of someone and not move an inch and as soon as someone picks his foot up or their balance is off and he knocks them out with a single side kick and smiles, then is able to due this to everyone then you will know he's elite best ever type of talent and i am not talking your lucky kick to the head striking, but your waiting for a off-balance/ terrible leg kick, martial arts mistakes people that are trained to see and can strike like a Cobra and kill with one kick or punch.

Mike Bernardo had like 15 boxing fights for mostly wins. Could have been better if he solely concentrate on that imo. Always liked his left hook.

Who did Mike fight and how come nobody knows his name and about his talent when winning these matches, like they did with Mike Tyson and even the actor who was a professional boxer that had a good record couldn't fight at all and decided to turn to acting Mickey R. the Boxer turned actor, with this great undefeated boxing record and everyone thinks he could've been world champion, if he didn't turn to acting and this is a total lie.

We get these so called ex professional boxers all the time with 50 wins and 49 knockouts that haven't fought anybody except terrible boxers like themselves and turn to MMA then some terrible striker knocks them out while he's swinging like a drunken street fighter with no defense and chin in the air with his eyes closed.

Like i said most MMA fighters are poor boxers and good kickboxing fighters and most are elite wrestlers or good college wrestlers that turn to the UFC and MMA after their college wrestling years are over and none of them are great striking experts or ever been elite boxers, most have tried boxing and failed and some are ex kickboxers that try MMA and are to old or are not even good at kickboxing and don't know any jujitsu techniques or wrestling techniques and get choked out in seconds.

That's why these MMA fighters get beat up in street fights and at gas stations, by normal people that have no amateur or professional fights or don't even have any martial arts training. Because 99% of them are wrestlers with terrible striking techniques and terrible timing and balance.

The average man with no training will likely last seconds in a straight up fight with a professional fighter

I have seen street fighters that study martial arts and have sparred against, that have more skills then these MMA kickboxing wrestlers.

That's why these MMA fighters get beat up in street fights and at gas stations, by normal people that have no amateur or professional fights or don't even have any martial arts training.

When a MMA fighter can stand right in front of someone and not move an inch and as soon as someone picks his foot up or their balance is off and he knocks them out with a single side kick and smiles, then is able to due this to everyone then you will know he's elite best ever type of talent and i am not talking your lucky kick to the head striking, but your waiting for a off-balance/ terrible leg kick, martial arts mistakes people that are trained to see and can strike like a Cobra and kill with one kick or punch.

<36>

John Wayne Parr (muay thai) had a decent enough run as a pro boxer, I think he always loved muay thai though and ended up switching back.

As has likely been mentioned, there are several nak muay who have made the transition to world-level boxing successfully. There are enough guys who have competed in MMA and all kinds of kickboxing who have shown enough raw ability to suggest they'd be at least decent boxers if they were to have committed fully to the sport. If you're talking mid-career transitions without any real boxing background, chances obviously go down drastically.

How old was Samart Payakaroon when he moved to boxing? He was basically the GOAT of Muay Thai as I understand it, Jeff Fenech sure fucked him up though, that was brutal.

How old was Samart Payakaroon when he moved to boxing? He was basically the GOAT of Muay Thai as I understand it, Jeff Fenech sure fucked him up though, that was brutal.
He was 20 years old when he switched to boxing and 24 when he won the title.

Well, Samart was kind of special, he had to switch to boxing due to lack of competition since he already won title in 4 divisions in muay thai. A pity he severely lacked discipline, could have been a hall of famer in boxing like Khaosai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back