What MMA or kickboxing fighter could've possibly made it as a pro boxer?

Maybe belfort or a. silva

Belfort probably had the fastest hands I’ve ever seen in mma, Silva with the best accuracy

If they grew up in America I don’t think they touch mma

What the fuck 'made it' means? Aren't Big Baby Miller and Dillian Whyte now close to a title shot? Isn't Povetkin fighting for the title next month? Didn't Vitaly Klitschko transform to a world beater as a boxer after he left kickboxing?

Both JDS and CroCop would have been great boxers if boxing was their only pursuit. Both were talented athletes and both had that warrior mentality. There are entire threads on mixed martial artists and kickboxers and thai fighters jumping to boxing so you can look up hundreds of fighters like the examples I listed above.

Very fair points. Worth noting though that they are all HWs where the finer, more refined skills are not as important, and size/power are much bigger factors

In my experience boxing is a far more technical sport than kickboxing. There have been some incredible kickboxers at lighter weights, but unless they make that change to boxing early in their career it is very unlikely that they will reach an elite level, unless they are an absolutely exceptional talent/athlete

I wonder how many MMA fans think because Dillashaw didn't get beat up in the 2 minutes of sparring footage between him and Lomachenko, that Dillashaw would have a competitive match with Lomachenko in boxing
FlimsyRemoteDragon-small.gif

The world is full of clueless mugs. The amount of people I know that laid money on mcgregor KOing Floyd is embarrassing

I’m a massive fan of TJ but he’d lose handily to Cody in 8oz gloves and a boxing ring, let alone a top level boxer

Last edited:
There’s one who went 10 rounds with the greatest of all time after only 6 months of boxing training.........

His name?

Conor Anthony McGregor

What the fuck 'made it' means? Aren't Big Baby Miller and Dillian Whyte now close to a title shot? Isn't Povetkin fighting for the title next month? Didn't Vitaly Klitschko transform to a world beater as a boxer after he left kickboxing?

Both JDS and CroCop would have been great boxers if boxing was their only pursuit. Both were talented athletes and both had that warrior mentality. There are entire threads on mixed martial artists and kickboxers and thai fighters jumping to boxing so you can look up hundreds of fighters like the examples I listed above.
Dillian Whyte is also 1-0 in MMA.
Knocked some guy out in 12 seconds.

Boxing wins

Elijah Tillery.

Timestamped.

The world is full of clueless mugs. The amount of people I know that laid money on mcgregor KOing Floyd is embarrassing

I’m a massive fan of TJ but he’d lose handily to Cody in 8oz gloves and a boxing ring, let alone a top level boxer

Honestly, I think Floyd could beat Conner with one hand. I think some women could out point Conner to a win.

That would actually be pretty interesting to watch. TJ and Garbrandt with 3-5 months solely training boxing... would watch. I doubt either of them could make it to a decent level, but they are good enough fighters to pick things up.

But yeah, I remember delusional sherdoggers thinking this too. It was really cringey. Especially that kid with Mayweather's dad, trying to tell him about "MMA angles"..... definitely a lowlight of MMA.

Very fair points. Worth noting though that they are all HWs where the finer, more refined skills are not as important, and size/power are much bigger factors

In my experience boxing is a far more technical sport than kickboxing. There have been some incredible kickboxers at lighter weights, but unless they make that change to boxing early in their career it is very unlikely that they will reach an elite level, unless they are an absolutely exceptional talent/athlete

Most thai fighters transition in their 20's.

IDK, Cody's fight IQ seems quite low tbh. He fell for the same punch, for three times in a row, in the same sequence.

Not sure boxing and mma are just so different you put an elite mma fighter against an elite boxer in a boxing match boxer wins basically every time lol

IDK, Cody's fight IQ seems quite low tbh. He fell for the same punch, for three times in a row, in the same sequence.

Take away the threat of kicks/takedown I think we’d see a different fight. He’s quicker, has much more of a traditional boxing stance and a ring is far smaller. I suppose it’s not a given but I’d have my money on Cody pure boxing. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though

Cody vs TJ in boxing?
Fuck tha/

Those are two boring ass individuals.
Thinking of that nonsense makes me want to shit.

Depends what you mean by making it.

I think quite a few guys could have been like top 15-20 in their division type level, maybe scraping closer to the top 10 in some cases. Vitor, JDS, Cro Cop, Ngannou, Le Banner, Kharitanov, Conor and Nick Diaz come to mind.

Semmy Schilt, as a big man I think he was more talented of an athlete then Valuev. Had a really heavy jab too

Last edited:
maybe Masato

When I was younger I always enjoyed his boxing in k1. Favourite fighter of mine and definitely had the most skilled hands in that weight division of k1. But not sure really. Boxing is another animal.

Back