What McGregor and Holloway teach us about modern MMA

I think that you’ll find that Conor ‘made his name’ becoming a two weight cage warrior champion.

He then signed to the ufc to fight a short notice fight that was at featherweight, and come subsequently signed to fight at that weight class.

People also get bigger with age, and Conor moved up weight just as he always intended and said he would.

This narrative of him going down to fight ‘midgets’ like Holloway, Aldo, and Poirer is laughable. The majority of people he has fought in his mma career have been around the same height or taller than him.

Keep hating.
Conor is best known for his Cage Warrior career? Please enlighten us with stalker level trivia.
You're just steelmanning. Hopefully you're rational enough to realize saying "Because someone's a similar height to fighters of a weightclass, that's must be where they belong" is a BAD argument.
It's called a joke, actually.

Height is a fine indicia of size but it's nonsensical to claim it's the sole one. That's so obvious it doesn't warrant discussion, except on Sherdog.

At the same time, fighting shorter, smaller men who have less reach presents a huge advantage. Yes, Conor and Max cut dangerous amounts of weight to fight at FW. Max couldn't even safely make 155 to fight Khabib, albeit on short notice.

DC gained no such advantage fighting at 205, since his name came up here. He just wasn't as fat and his boy wasn't champ.

Conor is best known for his Cage Warrior career? Please enlighten us with stalker level trivia.

Are you trying to make yourself sound like a fucking idiot, because you have properly succeeded at that one <Lmaoo>

You said ‘made his name’, i.e. establishing himself, you know, making waves and subsequently getting noticed and picked up by the UFC. What Conor is ‘best known’ for wasn’t even being discussed.

And yeah, being aware of the existence of the biggest mma promotion in Europe sure is equalivant to being a stalker....bahaha.

12 year old shouldn’t be watching mma, let alone posting on sherdog.

Are you trying to make yourself sound like a fucking idiot, because you have properly succeeded at that one <Lmaoo>

You said ‘made his name’, i.e. establishing himself, you know, making waves and subsequently getting noticed and picked up by the UFC. What Conor is ‘best known’ for wasn’t even being discussed.

And yeah, being aware of the existence of the biggest mma promotion in Europe sure is equalivant to being a stalker....bahaha.

12 year old shouldn’t be watching mma, let alone posting on sherdog.
That's a lot of words spent not answering the question.

<LikeReally5>

He's a LW killing himself going to FW. Pretty sure he won't be able to go down to FW anymore. So he basically moved up a weight class and got his ass kicked
by a journeyman, pure embarrassment
mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

If the two fighters don't weigh the same when stepping in the cage, it's not a fair fight.

I get that they allow it, but i'll never truly support it.

Size advantage.... Is Normal.

I understand that this may be the goal, but I question whether it works.

There was a very god thread a few weeks ago that had a list of fighters’ weigh in weight and fight weight.

Aside from a few outliers, most of the fighters in any given weight class fight at the same weight at most of the other fighters in the same weight class-cohorts, of sorts.

As fighters from the same weight class cut same amount of weight, their competition wouldn’t change if they all went up 1 class.

Of course, this doesn’t apply to the outliers, and they seem to be, in large part, the problem and starts the “race to the bottom”.

How do people not know this isn't a pre existing issue, or an issue caused by being punched in the head constantly rather than just weight cutting, Max doesn't even know what the problem is yet but all you do? maybe he should reach out to the doctors of sherdog...

You're in the weeds with some mealy-mouthed gibberish. Tag me when you got something worth my time.

I don’t know what audience you think you’re playing too but you’re coming over as all sorts of types of dumb.

Back