What makes Jon Jones great?

I will say one positive thing though on behalf of Jones... He comes from good stock, whoever bred his ancestors did an amazing job (not trying to be funny, it happened in our history, look it up). Doesn't his brother play in the NFL or some shit? So right there, you know he's gonna be naturally athletic, quick and different... in a time when he came along, it was basically 'let's slug it out, or me pin you on the ground for 5 minutes'. He does kind of mix things up a bit in the octagon.
those long arms... he was bred to pick up cotton while standing up
(no bully ban pls)

jj has a varied attack, u never know what hes gonna do, and hes always got a new move weve never seen. and hes good at everything. subs black belts, takes down olympians, outstrikes kickboxers

Jones has a reach that would be proportional on a 7'1" guy, literally. Also he's one of the most athletically gifted people to ever step into the octagon. Pretty lethal combination.

Analyzing his technique in traditional terms is silly because he doesn't fight like a traditional fighter. For example, his boxing is subpar in some ways, but he can also throw quick elbows out there the way other guys flick their jab, with comparable speed and reach but much more power. His style is very unconventional. And effective.

I He comes from good stock, whoever bred his ancestors did an amazing job (not trying to be funny, it happened in our history, look it up). .

i once mentioned this in a thread, coincidentally about krazyhorse. i was frozen for a month and "infracted 4 points" whatever that means. it was a bullshit call. it is a historical fact that slaves were intentionally bread to be bigger/stronger and all that stuff. artificial selection. sure sucked that triggerhappy mod hadnt heard of it. http://io9.gizmodo.com/5873541/did-slavery-cause-rapid-natural-selection-among-african-americans

His ability to abandon sunk strategies in the blink of an eye.

Also his ability to abandon a car wreck in the blink of an eye.

Jones is a great fighter, I like watching him fight. But I just wish I would've known if he would've beat all the top guys without roids

Hookers, cocaine, penis pills, eye pokes and general congeniality

i once mentioned this in a thread, coincidentally about krazyhorse. i was frozen for a month and "infracted 4 points" whatever that means. it was a bullshit call. it is a historical fact that slaves were intentionally bread to be bigger/stronger and all that stuff. artificial selection. sure sucked that triggerhappy mod hadnt heard of it. http://io9.gizmodo.com/5873541/did-slavery-cause-rapid-natural-selection-among-african-americans

Dude, I was given some yellow card last week or the week before, for using adult language to describe my dislike for Yoel Romero. I was baffled. The moderators let this kid yesterday, basically destroy a thread that was talking about Yoel and cheating... he just kept posting the most pointless, dumb, antagonizing stuff... and nothing. I say f Yoel, and a yellow card. LoL... Like bro, I'm a 40 year old construction worker, I'm on a message board about UFC fighters.... you know UFC, where shit talking is part of the sport?

I made a post in the moderators page to take this stupid yellow card off my profile, it's meaningless to me. And nothing. And whoever did that to you, is an ignorant moron. People hate reading the truth sometimes. Or they're just incredibly out of touch with our past.

The funniest though about the slavery days and trying to discuss anything about it, is the fact that only half the nation back then (it wasn't 50 states back then) believed in slavery, and only 1% of those people were able to even afford to buy a slave. They bred them, to be stronger to work their fields. The fact that probably the majority of the population nowadays is just too dumb to even bother to educate themselves on our past. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty fucking smart and up on a lot of our past, and the worlds past for that matter, because I love knowing shit, I don't ever want to be somebody who doesn't, I don't like those kind of people.

Fight IQ, Fighting creativity, Natural athleticism, Fighter Heart, all the things steroids/peds just can't give a man unless you already have them.

Last edited:
Seen a lot of posts where he is said to be the greatest to ever do it. What do you think makes him Great? Fedor was great because he was the most well rounded Hw with quickness and power. Silva had amazing striking and GSP was one of the most smartest fighters ever with great wrestling.
What makes Jones great? His boxing is average, he has a good kicking game and rather in consistent wrestling that mostly works on dudes shorter than him cause of leverage. Is it this reach and strength ? He obviously doesn't have the greatest technique.

PEDS easy

Jones came to the LHW division and put on a clinic on everyone, finding solutions to all the styles, outwrestling the best wrestlers and keeping the dangerous strikers at bay thanks to his reach. He fought pretty much every kind of style, and did well against all of them, while having some amazing performances against tough opponents.

I would put him as the most impressive LHW I've seen fight so far.

u forgot peds.

Jon Jones has some of the best technique in mma. If you hate the man, just say so... but let’s be honest.

Jones’ wide arsenal of weapons is complemented by his physical gifts. His range, chin, and strength absolutely play a part in this.

However, none of this would make him so phenomenal if it weren’t for his IQ. Jones seemingly always knows when to use any given move. He’s a step ahead each time. The one time Jones struggled( against AG ) he adjusted then found his way to victory.

Jones has an answer for anything his opponents throw at him.

you forgot peds.

His massive reach has played a pivotal role in keeping him undefeated all these years. I don't normally harp on height or reach advantage, but Jones' is just massive compared to almost everyone else. Gus and Rumble are the only two guys in his division that compare to him, and we only saw how well he'd do against one of them. And it was by far the closest fight of his career.

He has a lot of skills, but they're largely inflated by his size over other people.

you forgot peds

Back