What makes Jon Jones great?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Seen a lot of posts where he is said to be the greatest to ever do it. What do you think makes him Great? Fedor was great because he was the most well rounded Hw with quickness and power. Silva had amazing striking and GSP was one of the most smartest fighters ever with great wrestling.
What makes Jones great? His boxing is average, he has a good kicking game and rather in consistent wrestling that mostly works on dudes shorter than him cause of leverage. Is it this reach and strength ? He obviously doesn't have the greatest technique.

TediousAggravatingEyra-size_restricted.gif

Able to pass all that drug testing for so long?

PEDs.

I keep saying it but its sad we'll never truly know how much was Jones natural talents & how much was down to him being a cheating prick. But the drugs let him train harder & recover faster, all contributing greatly to his performances in the Octagon.

He had godly reach, but even there he had to extend his finger repeatedly eye poking opponents & making it almost impossible for much smaller fighter to get in range without risking their long-time eyesight.

Jones came to the LHW division and put on a clinic on everyone, finding solutions to all the styles, outwrestling the best wrestlers and keeping the dangerous strikers at bay thanks to his reach. He fought pretty much every kind of style, and did well against all of them, while having some amazing performances against tough opponents.

I would put him as the most impressive LHW I've seen fight so far.

Jon Jones has some of the best technique in mma. If you hate the man, just say so... but let’s be honest.

Jones’ wide arsenal of weapons is complemented by his physical gifts. His range, chin, and strength absolutely play a part in this.

However, none of this would make him so phenomenal if it weren’t for his IQ. Jones seemingly always knows when to use any given move. He’s a step ahead each time. The one time Jones struggled( against AG ) he adjusted then found his way to victory.

Jones has an answer for anything his opponents throw at him.

Not his hands for sure ( well except the fingers.) I like his elbows. You want pointy elbows for ufc. I think roids helped a lot too and it's not knocking Jones. It apparently was a big part of his game and it worked on an already smart fighter in the octogon. Using that young you're usually a beast especially with a matching skillset.

Jon Jones has some of the best technique in mma. If you hate the man, just say so... but let’s be honest.

Jones’ wide arsenal of weapons are complemented by his physical gifts. His range, chin, and strength absolutely play a part in this.

However, none of this would make him so phenomenal if it weren’t for his IQ. Jones seemingly always knows when to use any given move. He’s a step ahead each time. The one time Jones struggled( against AG ) he adjusted then found his way to victory.

Do tell me where he has the best technique. His boxing is subpar, he has good kicks but definitely not the best and his wrestling, like said before is inconsistent.

Jones’ wide arsenal of weapons is complemented by his physical gifts. His range, chin, and strength absolutely play a part in this.

I dont like Jon Jones AT ALL, but what he does inside the octagon, is nothing short of amazing. He is the best fighter Ive ever seen.

Great striker, great grappler, ideal physique for MMA and a natural aptitude for violence.

I will say one positive thing though on behalf of Jones... He comes from good stock, whoever bred his ancestors did an amazing job (not trying to be funny, it happened in our history, look it up). Doesn't his brother play in the NFL or some shit? So right there, you know he's gonna be naturally athletic, quick and different... in a time when he came along, it was basically 'let's slug it out, or me pin you on the ground for 5 minutes'. He does kind of mix things up a bit in the octagon.

The True GOAT and the only one to pass the polygraph.
Even so called clean fighter wouldn't dare.

Dem roids sure help

Back