What makes Bisping such a great fighter?

He isnt. He is a jack of all trades master of none. Gets by on grit and determination with a sprinkle of luck

Workethic and heart, but what really makes him great in my opinion is that he knocked out Luke Rockhold. That was such a happy day, I've probably watched that knockout 50 times.

His fearless and respectable demeanour as a champion, taking on all rightful contenders.

You are a third tier poster.
He's a second-tier fighter who lost almost every time he stepped up in competition. He won a decision over washed-up Anderson after getting knocked out but surviving due to the confusion of the moment.

This got him a BS title shot, which he honestly did capitalize on. Luke came in cocky and Mike fucked him up.

Now he's trying to retire before he has to fight any contenders. I hope GSP embarrasses him.
You are a 3rd rate poster. Mike has fought wars with Rashad, Chael, and Wand, all 3 losses being exceptionally close or questionable. He's been ranked for 10 years. That alone is a Hallmark of excellence. Now he is crowned as rightful King and you are playing the butthurt liberal role of "he's not my president".

Nothing, he's not a great fighter. He's a pretty good guy that is a 50-50 for most of the mw roster against odds to beat any top 5

He isnt. He is a jack of all trades master of none. Gets by on grit and determination with a sprinkle of luck
So his cardio, boxing, defense, and chin are all jack level? GTFO.
So a ten plus year sprinkle of luck encompassing 20 plus wins? Sure thing Buddeh.

So his cardio, boxing, defense, and chin are all jack level? GTFO.
So a ten plus year sprinkle of luck encompassing 20 plus wins? Sure thing Buddeh.

Hows the weather in England

Well what keeps him champion is ducking top contenders

I was just responding to "toughest path to title shot". That award probably goes to RDA who actually deserved his TS. Bisping was just in the right place at the right time and had his luck.

Bisping fought and lost to nothing but steroid/TRT cheaters, it's tough to say if he would be champ earlier had USADA been in effect back then

He's a second-tier fighter who lost almost every time he stepped up in competition. He won a decision over washed-up Anderson after getting knocked out but surviving due to the confusion of the moment.

This got him a BS title shot, which he honestly did capitalize on. Luke came in cocky and Mike fucked him up.

Now he's trying to retire before he has to fight any contenders. I hope GSP embarrasses him.

This sums it up perfectly

he can with one eye, that's something

Nothing. He's not great.

But what has helped him succeed recently is his pace and his endurance.

Well, in a era where GOATs have pissed hot or just ran from the sport only to return to cash in on sponsors being pulled (check Sonnen podcast), Bisping is one of the only goats left. He has fought the best. He only loses to roiders, guys on gear, cheaters, etc. with few exceptions. He was ducked by the UFC for over a decade. How the fuck Leites got a title fight or Cote before bisping is mind boggling.
To be fair to Thales I felt the London judges gifted Bisping that split decision.

At the end of that fight I felt wow Bisping just lost in London.

And I might be wrong but wasn't Bisping a LHW at the time they were getting TS?

To be fair to Thales I felt the London judges gifted Bisping that split decision.

At the end of that fight I felt wow Bisping just lost in London.

And I might be wrong but wasn't Bisping a LHW at the time they were getting TS?

I disagree. Bisping beat Sonnen who was on gear but, still got the decision. count was ducked for over a decade. Lesser fighters were gifted multiple title shots. count was given none. He got the title last minute call up. Without an injury, it be still going on, no title shots. Henderson a known TRT abuser, Vitor, Sonnen a gear user popped multiple times, and several others are gifted multiple title shots.

I disagree. Bisping beat Sonnen who was on gear but, still got the decision. count was ducked for over a decade. Lesser fighters were gifted multiple title shots. count was given none. He got the title last minute call up. Without an injury, it be still going on, no title shots. Henderson a known TRT abuser, Vitor, Sonnen a gear user popped multiple times, and several others are gifted multiple title shots.
I'm one of the guys that don't care about PEDs.

The playing field starts off unfair.

Let them all juice. It makes for better fights and better fighters.

If you want to risk your long term health for fame and fortune I have no problem with it.

And you know why Bisping never got a TS? Because he lost every contenders fight he's been in.

A lot of the new fans forget Bisping was a 10-0, 27 year old, LHW when he first joined the UFC. He is 38 years old now, went 20-7 since, has fought the top fighters in his division in two separate era's and has the most wins in the UFC. If he beats GSP and defends his belt against Whittaker, I wouldn't see why Bisping shouldn't be considered in the GOAT talks.

Back