What knife did you carry today?

My ESEE 3 has seen better days
20170419_091551_zpskst2afkz.jpg

20170419_091559_zpslj5m1iju.jpg

But dam if this knife has done everyhting I have asked it to. I take it hiking, fishing, camping, etc..

anyone know of a good sharper i can use to clean it back up

ESEE 3 is probably my favorite knife out there, I find them to work so well for pretty much anything, easy to sharpen, awesome warranty, great size and shape. Mine is beat up even more than yours.

Emerson commander, stone washed blade, serrated.

I have a cqc8 on the way, I can’t get enough Emerson knives.

Same one I've been carrying for 10 years... good ol' trusty Buck.

2972e01d0623e1693cf9f79d96d6e0c6.jpg

How much did that cost? I got a sebenza a few years ago for 325 on sale.

$375 for my small, $450 for the large.

I miss the days (early 90's) when Chris Reeve himself put the edge on every blade, holding it on a slack belt grinder to get the curved Moran edge. Very tricky to do though. They cut better than any other utility blade I've seen since.

$375 for my small, $450 for the large.

I miss the days (early 90's) when Chris Reeve himself put the edge on every blade, holding it on a slack belt grinder to get the curved Moran edge. Very tricky to do though. They cut better than any other utility blade I've seen since.

Yeah they are awesome knives. I find myself carrying an Emerson cqc7 most of the time these days, awesome tool for heavy work and I find it very controllable.

I have had one of these for a couple of years now: benchmade mini griptilian.
5561.jpg

Before that I had three different Spydercos, but the Benchmade axis lock is why I keep using the mini griptilian. So easy to use.

I was first introduced to Mora knivs by my survival instructor in the military who underwent training with Ray Mears. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me! I carried them on most deployments also...they weigh nothing and are reliable.

I also teach my boy basic bushcraft with his. For $9 everyone should get a few!

il_570xN.1659154050_m8c7.jpg

For a folding knife I've used the Kershaw 1660 for years and it has served me well.
71Ymc+ZOQaL._SX466_.jpg

I've always wanted a spyderco but always end up spending my cash on other items...hard to add a knife to my current selection when these guys have never let me down.

How are you feeling about this bad guy? Happy about the drop point blade? Wishing you got the wharncliff like blade?

How does it age?

I love it. Yes I like drop point blades, but any of the three styles would work for me. I don't expect it to last any differently than the other CR knives I've had, which were practically indestructible. They're awesome. They also cut extremely well.

I love it. Yes I like drop point blades, but any of the three styles would work for me. I don't expect it to last any differently than the other CR knives I've had, which were practically indestructible. They're awesome. They also cut extremely well.
Thanks!

in the past like year and a half I've lost or broke a couple of benchmades and a kershaw blur. So i just bought a Ganzo griptillian knockoff for now. Not too bad so far.

Nothing too special, just my edc Kershaw Rake. Used a laser to engrave the kanji for death on the blade.

IMG_20190428_130400.jpg

Back