What knife did you carry today?

They make a fixed blade version of the Adamas that might be worth looking into. The folding version is a fucking tank so I can only assume the fixed version being even more rugged. Might be a little too big for boot carry though.
Will look into it. I know the last time I looked at their site (like a year ago) it was the biggest bitch to navigate.

Will look into it. I know the last time I looked at their site (like a year ago) it was the biggest bitch to navigate.

Hogue had (couple days ago) some A2 steel EX-F01 blades at blade hq for like 170.

@Sonny and some others seems much more knowledgeable about knives than me but I know quite a few high end brands use A2. From what I've read, very strong, great chopper that takes and holds a good edge.

Hogue had (couple days ago) some A2 steel EX-F01 blades at blade hq for like 170.

@Sonny and some others seems much more knowledgeable about knives than me but I know quite a few high end brands use A2. From what I've read, very strong, great chopper that takes and holds a good edge.
Thanks man.

A2 is a good steel. A tool steel that holds its edge well but is much more resistant to corrosion compared to 1095 steel which is commonly used in a lot of survival/outdoor blades. I've never owned a hogue blade but they get good reviews and the quality appears to be high.

Thanks man, will look into it

No problem. Forgot to mention 7" is 145 and 5.5 is 139.

The site is awesome. Constantly new deals and shit. They aren't always the cheapest but some times there are some ridiculous deals.

No problem. Forgot to mention 7" is 145 and 5.5 is 139.

The site is awesome. Constantly new deals and shit. They aren't always the cheapest but some times there are some ridiculous deals.
I figure I would get a 5.5". 7 is a bit crazy in size

Can I make the logical jump that DVOR only sends stuff out once a week?

Last edited:
So I seemed to have lost my Benchmade Mini Griptillian. Really liked that knife, and it was my EDC. Went missing a month ago, and hasn't turned up.

I complained to myself this morning about it, and my gf reminded me Father's Day is coming up, and she would buy me another one to replace it :)

Anyways, she asked me if I wanted the same color or something different. I had the common black handle non serrated blade. I usuallly buy plain shit for myself, which she always thinks is boring. Any color recommendations?
I have one with OD handle and partially serrated black blade. Cool looking combo.

Does anyone own/carry a Ka-Bar TDI? I just got one and I like it but I'm looking for a different sheath than what it came with

I have only heard good things about the Phlster Fightworthy Sheath for the TDI, check that one out!

Just came in for me today. Absolutely love it! Spyderco Para Military 2 with the blade in S110v. Yeah, I'm not sure S110v is the most practical of steels given the difficulty in sharpening it relative to S30v, but it's an absolutely fantastic knife.

I had been using a Kershaw Blur S30v (weakness is its shitty locking mechanism) and a Benchmade in D2, and they have their merits, but I'm in love with this one.

large_26439_SP-C81GPDBL-Spyderco-Paramilitary2-Dark-Blue-01.jpg

Actually I forgot that my old Benchmade folder is M2hs steel, not D2. Looking online, it seems that M2hs blades are a rare cult classic, due to their tendency to damage the machining equipment used to make them. Very few were made. That's pretty cool.

I've got a Dale Junior signature series Case. About 1" locking blade. Mainly use it to open boxes and cut down compression tubing and shit.

Does Benchmade make a good fixed blade knife that would be good for a SHTF kit or a boot knife type set up?

The hidden canyon hunter. Great blade. I just finished putting one through the ringer for about 60 days in th Alaskan back country. Held its edge like a champ even while skinning small and large game on almost a daily basis.

http://www.benchmade.com/hidden-canyon-hunter-family.html

?

Would you say that it'd be a good knife for a skinning/field dressing knife?

NVM, I see your second third sentence.

Yeah man that's the exact one I used with the wood handle. The sheath is different depending on which handle you get, I be g10 one comes with a kydex sheath and the wood comes with a leather one.

I got the wood one because I've been dissapointed with benchmade kydex in the past. The e leather one is good but not amazing. The knife though, I was very happy with.

Yeah man that's the exact one I used with the wood handle. The sheath is different depending on which handle you get, I be g10 one comes with a kydex sheath and the wood comes with a leather one.

I got the wood one because I've been dissapointed with benchmade kydex in the past. The e leather one is good but not amazing. The knife though, I was very happy with.
I figure I can get a friend to make me a decent kydex sheath if I want.

Thanks, I've been eyeing that knife for a bit over a year now.

Back