What knife did you carry today?

That a P30SK? How do you like it?

Yes. Love it. I've carried a Glock 26 for the last two years and sold it shortly after buying the HK. Came with tritium 3 dots. Extremely accurate for a subcompact and very little felt recoil. The ergonomics will spoil you. It's hard to beat if you're not a "striker-fired only" guy.

Yes. Love it. I've carried a Glock 26 for the last two years and sold it shortly after buying the HK. Came with tritium 3 dots. Extremely accurate for a subcompact and very little felt recoil. The ergonomics will spoil you. It's hard to beat if you're not a "striker-fired only" guy.
I bounce back and forth between carrying a Glock 27 and a Shield. How does the size compare to the 26/27?

I bounce back and forth between carrying a Glock 27 and a Shield. How does the size compare to the 26/27?

Ever so slightly wider and a bit taller. It has an ambidextrous slide release that adds a bit of width. Honestly, when holstered I noticed no difference between it and my G26.

Few of these types of things have been posted lately. Figured I'd get in on the fun.

20160308_115651-1_zps3vlz6olj.jpg

Just got a spyderco para military 2 with digital camo scales.

Pretty dope knife I'm digging it so far.

In the mail yesterday was an Ontario rat 1. It's ok...pretty big and heavy for an EDC.

Possibly looking for a "cheap" damascus folder. Anyone have any suggestions/favorites under $200. I guess I would prefer around $100 as I spent like 1k on knives last year but if a really nice pattern/knife I fancy comes up I don't mind spending more. Also I'd like at least 2.75" but would prefer 3" or more. Eventually I'd like to own some higher end stuff but right now spending near or over 1k on a single knife doesn't appeal to me.

Found this Boker for $59 and it intrigued me. Basically why I made this post. I'm not opposed to picking this up but would like to see options/opinions. Thanks.

81LcR0chVsL._SL1500_.jpg

Possibly looking for a "cheap" damascus folder. Anyone have any suggestions/favorites under $200. I guess I would prefer around $100 as I spent like 1k on knives last year but if a really nice pattern/knife I fancy comes up I don't mind spending more. Also I'd like at least 2.75" but would prefer 3" or more. Eventually I'd like to own some higher end stuff but right now spending near or over 1k on a single knife doesn't appeal to me.

Found this Boker for $59 and it intrigued me. Basically why I made this post. I'm not opposed to picking this up but would like to see options/opinions. Thanks.

81LcR0chVsL._SL1500_.jpg
Kershaw makes a nice damascus version of the Skyline...

That Boker looks great.

Well decided to get the Boker Gent I & II.

I
Overall length: 7.75 in.
Blade length: 3.25 in.
Weight: 2.1 oz.

81LcR0chVsL._SL1500_.jpg

II
Overall length: 6.4in.
Blade length: 2.75 in.
Weight: 1.6 oz.
01bo102dam.jpg

So I seemed to have lost my Benchmade Mini Griptillian. Really liked that knife, and it was my EDC. Went missing a month ago, and hasn't turned up.

I complained to myself this morning about it, and my gf reminded me Father's Day is coming up, and she would buy me another one to replace it :)

Anyways, she asked me if I wanted the same color or something different. I had the common black handle non serrated blade. I usuallly buy plain shit for myself, which she always thinks is boring. Any color recommendations?

So I seemed to have lost my Benchmade Mini Griptillian. Really liked that knife, and it was my EDC. Went missing a month ago, and hasn't turned up.

I complained to myself this morning about it, and my gf reminded me Father's Day is coming up, and she would buy me another one to replace it :)

Anyways, she asked me if I wanted the same color or something different. I had the common black handle non serrated blade. I usuallly buy plain shit for myself, which she always thinks is boring. Any color recommendations?
Are the mini Griptillians also on their custom run? I got a Griptillian, standard non-serrated blade with black handle and black blade.

Got those Bokers.

Unfortunately the quality was pretty low. Handles were scratched. One had a worn finish. It said it was ebony wood but it appears that it is some kind of green polymer with a faux laminated wood finish. There were a couple scratches on the blade as well. Sending them back

Still check back on this thread regularly. Haven't bought anything new in a long time. Still carrying my Osborne 940 every day. I had it paired with my commander through the winter.

Still check back on this thread regularly. Haven't bought anything new in a long time. Still carrying my Osborne 940 every day. I had it paired with my commander through the winter.
Holy shit dude, you're alive!

Lol. Yep. I haven't been around much since they implemented the new layout.
Exchange sucks, feels like the 90s all over again. Unless you count the new Leatherman I picked up a few weeks ago, I haven't bought a new blade in a while (well, I technically did get a pair of skinning knives last year). Every once in a while, I think about selling all of my current Emersons and getting one to replace them all; the Sheepdog/Rangemaster, black Bowie, plain edge.

IMG_2090-150x150.jpg

Lol. That flipper has been on my radar since it was released. But yeah the exchange is brutal.

Does Benchmade make a good fixed blade knife that would be good for a SHTF kit or a boot knife type set up?

Does Benchmade make a good fixed blade knife that would be good for a SHTF kit or a boot knife type set up?
They make a fixed blade version of the Adamas that might be worth looking into. The folding version is a fucking tank so I can only assume the fixed version being even more rugged. Might be a little too big for boot carry though.

Back