What knife did you carry today?

Yeah they have the m16 series that features the tanto blade. I've read mixed reviews about them though. Everything from "this is the best knife I've ever owned" to "this thing is complete shit."

That's the one I had, it was pretty great imo.

In fact I'll probably pick up another one some time.

Benchmade AFCK Axis

Been my EDC for 5 years maybe? great knife

Mine is a lot more beat up:
DSC_3663_resize.jpg

Yeah they have the m16 series that features the tanto blade. I've read mixed reviews about them though. Everything from "this is the best knife I've ever owned" to "this thing is complete shit."

I have the m16 02z. It was my introduction into good edc knives.

Since it looks like you guys have pretty decent taste, I figure that I'll ask you instead of posting in a new thread. If you think I should make a new thread instead of momentarily derailing this one, let me know. I'm looking for a new EDC knife with a blade around 3-3.5 inches long. I want a plain edge folder with a relatively sharp point. My budget is < or = to $100. Thanks guys.

Been carrying the ESEE candiru for a few weeks now. Getting used to carrying a small fixed blade, this thing is pretty cool. The g10 scales (had to get them extra) really improve the feel of the knife.

kn.jpg

from the top;

1.Kershaw leek. Found this knife in a gun shop and after playing with it for a minute i had to have it.
2. SOG seal pup. This thing has been abused like you wouldn't believe
3. The Norwegian Same-Kniv. This thing is a god damn beast. I am more scared of this than most guns. Heavy as hell, dangerously sharp. Steel is so dense that they brag you can open cans with it without ever damaging the edge slightly. I've chopped wood with this thing before.

edit: i should mention i only carry the bottom two if i'm in the woods. And the bottom one is so sharp that im uncomfortable carrying it in that leather sheath, cause it can easily slice right through it with pressure in the right spot. I want to get a Kydex sheath for it custom made, cause i love the knife.

Last edited:
20151022_121134-1_zpsyavwrezm.jpg

20151022_121056-1_zpsq3ueycqg.jpg

20151022_121027-1_zpsjsqkae8t.jpg

20151022_121307-1-1_zps8ybt5uyi.jpg

Got my Hogue yesterday. It's large but very comfortable. Smooth action. It is crazy sharp, probably the sharpest knife I've ever gotten from the factory.

Sweet!!!

I pulled out my severtech at work to open a box and it got so much attention that the next hour and a half ended up being a group discussion about knives haha...

Since it looks like you guys have pretty decent taste, I figure that I'll ask you instead of posting in a new thread. If you think I should make a new thread instead of momentarily derailing this one, let me know. I'm looking for a new EDC knife with a blade around 3-3.5 inches long. I want a plain edge folder with a relatively sharp point. My budget is < or = to $100. Thanks guys.

I gotta say the Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. It's one badass little EDC.........although there are lot's of other good choices too.

I love me my ESEE-knives, too.
Today I'm packing my P'kal, Emerson La Griffe and Izula.

I wanna get a Delica FFG and compare it to my mini grip. The Mini Grip is a really solid knife.

Have been carrying the Kershaw 1987 RJ Tactical 3.0 for the last couple of weeks, and I have to say I love it to bits. My first ever flipper-style knife, and it's excellent. Incredibly sharp as well, even "from the box".

My EDC for the last 4 years has been a Kershaw Whirlwind 1560ST. Kershaws replaced it three times for me no questions asked. Their service is top notch.
Kershaw%20Whirlwind%201560ST.jpg

Sonny's Benchmade and Razor's Spyderco look good. I've always wanted one from each brand. Those look like nice knives.

I love me my ESEE-knives, too.
Today I'm packing my P'kal, Emerson La Griffe and Izula.

Yeah ESEE makes good knives. Unfortunatly they are pretty overpriced in China because of import fees.

That candiru cost me like 80 bucks and the Izula 2 was about 100. I also have an ESEE 3 that in the end was like 150.00.

So quite a bit more expensive than back at home in the USA where en ESEE 3 can be had for 90 bucks.

Oh well, not much to be done about it.

A few customs I had built for me and my dad, the orange one is mine, the matching set is for my dad since he always hunts with 2 knives.

These are sweet, highest quality over ever handled and I've handled some nice stuff.

Benchmade Griptilian sounds right for you. Or check out other Benchmade knives, the axis lokc ont hem can't be beat IMO.

@fittafeis is that a custom sheath for your seal pup?

20151030_150330-1_zps8pi1flzo.jpg

20151030_150457-1_zpsqh9pwypj.jpg

20151030_150528-1-1-1_zpsvmyrf5ve.jpg

The 0770cf is awesome. Only 3oz. Very comfortable, extremely sharp, solid lock up.

Have you cut yourself with that one yet?

Not yet, and I don't want or plan to, even though its a low price knife that blade is wicked, nasty sharp. I gave my wife a mini grip we call it the "scalpel" this thing is that sharp.

To the poster looking for a good EDC under 100 bucks and under 3.5":

Here are some to look at:

Spyderco Wave Endura blade is a little longer but its light and opens with one hand

Cold Steel AK47 One Hand opening, toughest lock in the business. g10 will tear up your pockets

Benchmade Griptillian-Great Knife, paint the town Beige styling

Bargain buy SPyderco Tenacious. See my EDC pick

Spyderco Manix 2, wicked lock up, fit and finish rival customs.

Todays knife:

Cold Steel Rajah 2 working outside so no worries on what the pretty people might say...

rajahII_mega_folder9.JPG

Mine is prettier though, hand satin blade, stripped pocket clip all joining surfaces hand worked to 800 grit sand paper.

I always like to train with the Tanto and the Butterfly Knife, but our state has banned them so we need an official license to use the knife in the gym.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm thinking that based on your comments, the Griptilian is the best bet for me. I'll have to check them out and maybe put one on my Christmas list. I've been needing a new knife for a while, and that one seems to fit the bill quite nicely.

I'd like to own a balisong, if it weren't prohibited up here.

i have the griptillian with the sheapsfoot blade, love it. best knife ive ever owned.......however like a douche i broke the tip off trying to pry something open. only 25 bucks to replace the blade, just havent got around to it.

latley ive been carrying a partially serrated spyderco endura. love how thin it is in my pocket.

i have the griptillian with the sheapsfoot blade, love it. best knife ive ever owned.......however like a douche i broke the tip off trying to pry something open. only 25 bucks to replace the blade, just havent got around to it.

latley ive been carrying a partially serrated spyderco endura. love how thin it is in my pocket.

I'm still looking to get either the endura or the delica in FFG.

How would they even know unless a cop actually searched you and for found it.

He wouldn't be able to buy one in Canada in the first place, as it's a prohibited device.

I've got to say, I absolutely love the thinness of the scales on Enduras/Delicas, it keeps my pocket very usable.

Buy it while on a trip to the USA and just take it back? Or mail it to yourself? Maybe, I'm not sure if that would work but I do it with stuff here in China occasionally.

I'm still looking to get either the endura or the delica in FFG.

had a delica for a while to, really like both knives. honestly for every day i would probably rather carry the delica. i dont carry it as a weapon, and the endura, to be quite honest is much larger than i need for daily use (opening envelopes, boxes, plastic pachages, cutting some food, etc) i just like how simple they are, and very grippy. the endura is super ergonomic in my large hands

I've got to say, I absolutely love the thinness of the scales on Enduras/Delicas, it keeps my pocket very usable.

exactly. my benchmade griptillian feels like a higher quality knife, and i love the lock on it, but the thing is chubby and not very comfortable in the pocket imo

Buy it while on a trip to the USA and just take it back? Or mail it to yourself? Maybe, I'm not sure if that would work but I do it with stuff here in China occasionally.

But he'd risk dicks, like me, at the border potentially catching and charging him. As stupid as it is, it's kind of a big deal here. As are balisongs, nunchakus, belt buckle knives, brass knuckles and a bunch of other ninja shit.

Off topic, holy shit, when did Spydercos become so expensive? I was flipping through a Cabela's catalogue and saw the Delica 4 FFG with orange scales going for like $130 and the MSRP on the website isn't that far off. WTF? I paid like $80 for my Endura 4 with Emerson opener only 4ish years ago.

Back