What kind of ppv numbers do you think a gsp vs McGregor match would pull?

Not gonna happen this a freakshow fight...Conor can barely get to 170 and GSP at his advanced age might die cutting that low

1.5 to 1.8. Standard Colin fare to a little above average for his norm. He ain't drawing over 2.

Don’t wanna see this one happen.

Connie don’t deserve a super fight with Georges.

But if it happened it would break records.

I'm peronally not that interested in that matchup. But it will do very well in PPV. I would say around 1.5mil PPV.

1.2-2.5 mil, Canada for GSP, ireland for Conor and Americans for both/rest of card. Could do big numbers. Especially if they were to promote it as hard as they did the Conor/Aldo fights.

Last edited:
Huge numbers, but GSP would slaughter Conor.

I really believe this fight will happen in 2018

2 point tree fiddy

It would have to be close to 2.5M PPV buys based on what GSP can grab from Canada and McGregor's increasing popularity.

Conor's return fight will generate quite a bit I'd imagine from the curious boxing fans.
Do Ferguson, then Diaz/GSP. The boy needs to defend his belt already.

It's a freak show, you have the FW&LW champ versus the WW&MW champ. GSP would have an easy 30 pounds on Conor on fight night unless Conor went on a serious bulk. I'm guessing 2 million since people love freak shows.

2 mil maybe?

Conor may have made out like a bandit with his Floyd fight...but he diminished his stock and that of MMA considerably.
I don’t see how that diminished his stock at all. So many casuals watched that fight that would have never seen a mcg fight if it was against anyone else. And most people realized that Conor shouldn’t have beat the best boxer ever. Conor not getting absolutely destroyed was somewhat a victory to most people. It was also a very entertaining fight and most attributed that to mcg.

If anything I think the exposure got him more fans and will result in a higher buy rate than a gsp fight before the mayweather fight.

GSP might add 350,000 to the Conor - Diaz II number of 1.65m to get to 2 million. It won't be much of a fight; GSP takes him down in 30-45 seconds and Conor never gets back to his feet, and if he does it's just rinse and repeat until it's over.

I think 1.7 to 2 million PPV buys is about right. I think GSP may need another fight however so the newer fans can get acquainted with him.
I think Conor would need to comeback and win more than GSP.

Back