What Kind of People Annoy you in BJJ?

Extremely common excuse too. Its especially funny because when I come back after a week I am more pumped than ever and I tend to perform the best

I don't use it often but it's very true for me. Not so much cardio as it is I'm extremely stiff and achy all over when I start rolling again. I'm not a very athletic or flexible person so when I take a week off my body just resets to bad form again real quick.

I don't use it as an excuse though after rolling etc. Mostly during small talk as we wait for class to start.

I guess I should tone that down a bit if people find it annoying...

my excuse is always the same for tapping. it hurt like a bitch.

Reminds me of my excuse for losing - "I'd have beaten you if you weren't better than me so suck it!" <45>

When you ask a question about a technique and someone else who hasn't done it before keeps trying to tell you even though you didn't ask them and they don't really know it.

Turn it into a positive. It gives you the chance to work for subs from a dominant position, and if you can't get anything, you know thats something you can work on

Of course if i was in that position and they just let me get subs freely, that would piss me off

Yea I don't like being given things either but this is how I treat. I just work from side control on a BB. The way I see it I suck so doesn't really matter where I am I need to work on that position.

i hate the people with big egos, or the ones i can smash but i dont try on them and they feel special, i also hate the people that put all of their weight on u

I've only run into ONE person who just smelled so bad. I have no idea how long he doesnt wash his gi for, it honestly smelled so bad the entire academy would stink. And on top of that, under the gi who always whore this dirty stained wife beater, and had a very long, unkempt beard to go along with it.

The guy just had terrible hygene, and the professor, after every single class, would lecture us about respect and keeping your gi clean. He was clearly talking about him indirectly, but the guy never got the hint.

Luckily he was there only a month and dissapeared. Nice guy, terrible hygene
okay i had this one dude that stunk so bad I WOULD START to smell bad after and i would tell him something but instead i submit him

i hate the people with big egos, or the ones i can smash but i dont try on them and they feel special, i also hate the people that put all of their weight on u

Getting tons of weight put on you is just some shit you have to deal with. This isn't ballet

it isnt shit you have to deal with if you train with normal people who arent douches about it...

It's a contact sport man. The entire jiu jitsu system is designed to help you defend yourself against a larger, heavier opponent. If people bigger than you never used their weight against you, you'd be missing out on a critical aspect of the sport. Getting beat up by heavier people not only helps you with self defense, it also forces you to rely on pure technique which helps you in sport jiu jitsu when you go against people your own weight.

When I was a white belt I got frustrated a lot when I got mauled by bigger people using their strength. Now I just deal with it and try to figure out how I can use my technique against them. Unless you're a 120 lb girl, it seems like a pretty silly and counterproductive thing to bitch about

Back