What Kind of People Annoy you in BJJ?

I've only run into ONE person who just smelled so bad. I have no idea how long he doesnt wash his gi for, it honestly smelled so bad the entire academy would stink. And on top of that, under the gi who always whore this dirty stained wife beater, and had a very long, unkempt beard to go along with it.

The guy just had terrible hygene, and the professor, after every single class, would lecture us about respect and keeping your gi clean. He was clearly talking about him indirectly, but the guy never got the hint.

Luckily he was there only a month and dissapeared. Nice guy, terrible hygene

I trained with a dude who had the worst smelling junk/ass area of all time. He seemed like an otherwise clean dude. Didn't really have BO, kept his gi and personal appearance ok. But if this guy got you in triangle position or even worse stepped over the face for a kimura it was tap city due to stank.

I don't know what was going on with that guy but he stunk so bad it turned the air around his junk yellow.

I straight called him out on stinking and he got really defensive.

I feel so bad for any woman that wound up blowing him

I trained with a dude who had the worst smelling junk/ass area of all time. He seemed like an otherwise clean dude. Didn't really have BO, kept his gi and personal appearance ok. But if this guy got you in triangle position or even worse stepped over the face for a kimura it was tap city due to stank.

I don't know what was going on with that guy but he stunk so bad it turned the air around his junk yellow.

We had one who joined who frankly (and I'm sorry for saying this), but he doesn't wipe properly or at all. Thankfully he was gone within a few weeks. I dreaded every having to drill techniques where his butt would be any where close to my face.

Even outside of BJJ, people with such exceptionally poor hygene confuse the hell out of me. Do they just not care, don't know, or what exactly??

maybe they are trying to prove that you need to drill better. a wet noodle is not always a good partner. Learn to deal with resistance. I often see whitebelts give up on a technique if it takes much effort.

e.g. if you're drilling guard breaks, you want your partner to offer a decent amount of resistance in order to simulate the process of opening of somebody's guard in a match. cross collar chokes and triangles are another example; tapping early instead of resisting the choke will prevent your partner from really learning to sink it in deep.

but of course there is a point where resistance becomes fighting, and that is not drilling.

Ok, so you assume based on my post that I can't drill correctly and want a limp noodle?

Gtfo here with that bs.

Ok, so you assume based on my post that I can't drill correctly and want a limp noodle?

Gtfo here with that bs.
I said maybe. I don't assume things. Chill bro.

Actually, your username definitely fits

Oss boys.

Acai boys.

Jiu jitsu lifestyle boys.

Condescending higher belts.

Everything's a dick move boys.

What about the family guy who works 50+ hours a week, is traveling all the time and sometimes makes it once or if he is lucky, twice a week? If he told you he can’t train as much as he liked - do you still hold it against him?
Just take your beating, no one cares why you dont train. The annoying part is not why u dont train, but the fact you have to tell me

I do catch/sambo so for me its people who are better than me - which is everyone. Because it hurts haha.

Easy solution: just drop your elbow on their neck until they stop talking. Then wait a little bit more anyways. Then finish the sub.

Be sure to look deep into their eyes at the same time too.

I could of, but he was older and smaller so I wasn't really out to prove anything.

Just recently we have had this guy who smells like an ash tray or a bong depending on the day.

I train at a smaller gym but we got one guy who is the worst of all the regulars (he's yet to get a submission after a year of training) yet tries to coach anyone who's not a coloured belt while rolling eventhough they are beating him.

People that are annoying in the BJJ community are black belts that think everyone should dick ride them at all times. They always think they're special no matter where they go, and they think everyone should bow down to them and give them the utmost respect even outside of their academy. Otherwise they'll try to do shit to whoever they don't like. But it doesn't work that way in the real world. Anyone mess with the wrong people are gonna get shot. I don't give a fuck if you're a black belt or what. That's just how the real world works. I've seen idiots getting shot just cause they think they're some kind of bad ass martial artist. No matter how bad ass you are, you're gonna die when people are shooting at your ass multiple times.

Last edited:
Damn.. too many assholes in Jiu Jitsu

Thought of a new one. People who keep their jaws down while you try to choke them and then criticise yout technique, because "that choke was all jaw bro"

I've only run into ONE person who just smelled so bad. I have no idea how long he doesnt wash his gi for, it honestly smelled so bad the entire academy would stink. And on top of that, under the gi who always whore this dirty stained wife beater, and had a very long, unkempt beard to go along with it.

The guy just had terrible hygene, and the professor, after every single class, would lecture us about respect and keeping your gi clean. He was clearly talking about him indirectly, but the guy never got the hint.

Luckily he was there only a month and dissapeared. Nice guy, terrible hygene
those r called hipsters

lmaooooo

We have a guy (who’s a really good purple belt) who will make lower belts scream in pain about 2-3 times per month. Not cool. If you’re a decent purple belt, you know when you “got” someone. There’s NEVER a legit reason to make your training partner scream in pain.

We have a guy (who’s a really good purple belt) who will make lower belts scream in pain about 2-3 times per month. Not cool. If you’re a decent purple belt, you know when you “got” someone. There’s NEVER a legit reason to make your training partner scream in pain.

An individual like this should be dealt with by the instructor and probably kicked out for good. Holding on submissions to the point of making people scream is probably the most awful thing you can do as a more experienced person during rolling.

Last edited:
Back