What kind of dog breed do you have?

Basset hound
Australian shepard mix
Malamute / gold retriever mix

Purebred German Shepherd.

2fa4e8632629323.jpg

Her name is Tempest.

I have a Cane Corso, she's just under 2 years old and is about 90lbs. I love her so much, she's seriously my best friend.

Here she is a few months ago being lazy.

IMG_0005.jpg

And here she is staring out the window at everything that comes by the house.

IMG_0012.jpg

And here she is at the lake

IMG_0087.jpg

And here she is when I bought her as a puppy

20171020_201353.png

That's my best friend! Factoids about Cane Corsos? They are the descendants of Roman war dogs. They are one of two Italian Mattis
Mastiff breeds, the other being Neapolitan Mastiff. Corsos are great guardian dogs that grow between 80-140lbs depending on the breeder. The parents of mine were both 140lb and 145lbs as the breeder specializes in larger guard dogs.

Really great dogs, but they are really powerful dogs and they require more work than most people want to give. Their name is Italian for "courtyard dog" because they were used as guard dogs for estates after their use as a war dog ended. They are natural guardians, so you have to be really careful with socialization or they can get uncontrollable. Mine, for example, just doesn't like strange men. She's got no problem with women or guys she's familiar with, but men she's never met seriously sketch her out. And anyone who comes by the house is considered a threat to her until I stop it. It's just part of their personally to be family oriented and weary of strangers.

Also they eat a shit load of food and take human sized dumps.

That's my dream dog right there. And the cropped ears are a MUST. they look completely different without cropped ears

That photo was taken when she was 4 months old. She's 6 months old now and she's due to get spayed on Tuesday. I hope she won't be too scared staying overnight at the vets. :(

My brother called and said that her mom (Coco) is due with another litter soon!

I'm good at one! Whew!

Pom-Chi and English Bulldog for me. My Pom-Chi Lynch is a little savage, always trying to fight large dogs and catch squirrels. The bulldog is a half retarded idiot

That photo was taken when she was 4 months old. She's 6 months old now and she's due to get spayed on Tuesday. I hope she won't be too scared staying overnight at the vets. :(

My brother called and said that her mom (Coco) is due with another litter soon!

I'm good at one! Whew!
Its funny my dog never minded going to the vet for her shots she had no problem but whem i took her to the same place to get spayed she was terrified to go inside as if she knew what was coming

13yr old male Rottweiler/Shepherd mix.

2yr old female Purebred Doberman.

Will try to find pics small enough to post.

Its funny my dog never minded going to the vet for her shots she had no problem but whem i took her to the same place to get spayed she was terrified to go inside as if she knew what was coming

You're not helping.

:)

We had to take our 13yr old male Rottweiler/Shepherd (Riley) into the vet last week, and our kids were distraught. We had discussed the possibility that if it was indeed adult onset hip dysplasia setting in and he was in pain, that it wouldn't be fair to have him live out the rest of days that way, and we would have to make a difficult choice.

I figured the worst was coming due to his age being already at the tail end of their average life expectancy. The vet was shocked at how healthy he was, and suspected it was a treatable form of osteoarthritis and gave us a prescription. Only one week into using the medicine, and it's like he's about 6-7 years old again and the vet couldn't believe the change. He figures Riley is probably good for another few years.

That's my dream dog right there. And the cropped ears are a MUST. they look completely different without cropped ears

I'll be the first to tell anyone these are the best dog breed ever. Really mastiffs in general, but I'm particular to the Canes, the English and Dogos. Just really cool animals and super loyal.

She was my dream dog too by the way! I had lost my pitbull mutt and decided to make the jump. I got her from a guardian/protection breeder who imports them from Italy.

She is for real my best friend, and is an absolute lap dog. She spends pls half the day snoring, and I mean snoring. The snores and snorts are serious. If she doesn't lay with her neck perfectly straight, she's snoring. The rest of the time she spends getting me to rub her butt or trying to play.

If you want one and have the means, you should definitely do it! Just be prepared for the responsibility! You have to feed them quality food and they eat a lot! I spend $200 a month on her food and she's only half grown. Plus they really do have a breed trait of being weary around strangers.

German shepherd. Except he now lives with my parents. Keeps them safe and secure.

Fun fact, he used to be able to easily clear my 6 foot cinder block wall when he decided he was done in the backyard.

Also, like a good GSD he could destroy about any toy you gave him in a day.

Back