What kind of dog breed do you have?

Vegeta

I’ll never give in to you circus freaks!
@Brown
Reaction score
4496B465-66C2-49CB-8899-12F6050416F4.jpeg I got two killer dogs, Basset hounds.
They are great with kids and very cute.

Tell me something about your dog breed.

Last edited:
Pitbull/black lab cross
She bites me a lot ):

I have a whippet. He's a great dog

wide.jpg

Two rescue mutts. One is pit and lab by the looks of her and the other looks like a black collie but with shortish hair.

Lab mix is a sweetheart, collie is an asshole.

I used to have a Staffordshire bull terrier and a malti-poo both have passed away unfortunatley.

Crossguns%20Billy%20Black.jpg

My staffy looked pretty much identicle to this. He was such a sweet heart but rest assured he was tough as nails. Great for taking on hikes and gaurding the house and the BEST snuggle partner.

9d7f6942dae7e24839d1416731536115.jpg

Maltipoo looked like this. It's a cross between a maltese and a poodle. Now on the surface this dog wasn't as awesome as my staffy BUT he was such an interesting dog. He acted more like a wolf than anything. He would howl when police cars turned on their sirens and he was a phenomenal athlete despite appearances. The first time we shaved him we realized he was essentially a ball of muscle it was insane.

Boston Terrier. I think my post is in that dog thread too.

I got two killer dogs, Basset hounds.
They are great with kids and very cute.

Tell me something about your dog breed.

I have a Cane Corso, she's just under 2 years old and is about 90lbs. I love her so much, she's seriously my best friend.

Here she is a few months ago being lazy.

IMG_0005.jpg

And here she is staring out the window at everything that comes by the house.

IMG_0012.jpg

And here she is at the lake

IMG_0087.jpg

And here she is when I bought her as a puppy

20171020_201353.png

That's my best friend! Factoids about Cane Corsos? They are the descendants of Roman war dogs. They are one of two Italian Mattis
Mastiff breeds, the other being Neapolitan Mastiff. Corsos are great guardian dogs that grow between 80-140lbs depending on the breeder. The parents of mine were both 140lb and 145lbs as the breeder specializes in larger guard dogs.

Really great dogs, but they are really powerful dogs and they require more work than most people want to give. Their name is Italian for "courtyard dog" because they were used as guard dogs for estates after their use as a war dog ended. They are natural guardians, so you have to be really careful with socialization or they can get uncontrollable. Mine, for example, just doesn't like strange men. She's got no problem with women or guys she's familiar with, but men she's never met seriously sketch her out. And anyone who comes by the house is considered a threat to her until I stop it. It's just part of their personally to be family oriented and weary of strangers.

Also they eat a shit load of food and take human sized dumps.

Edit- Oh, and it's pronounced kah-nay, not cane as in a walking stick. But I also feel super pretentious saying that, so sometimes I just call her an Italian mastiff.

Last edited:
Proud owner of three beautiful Golden Retrievers. All very distinct personalities.

2 miniature schnauzers
Augustus and Babadook

Pembroke Welsh corgi (God save the queen!) but she passed last October. A year ago tomorrow in fact :(

Currently ruling the roost is what we were told is a cheagle but we think she's more chihuahua/min-pin. Still a sweetheart, though. Turned a year old last month.

20170929_023107.jpg White Shepard.

Attachments

• white-zwitsersewitteherderbayosadie-breed.jpg
    white-zwitsersewitteherderbayosadie-breed.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
This thread must be bad luck. I put my dogs out right after I posted and heard them raising hell shortly after. My neighbors cat must have been chilling in the back yard when I let them out.

They were fighting over him when I got back out there:( I thought they were fighting each other again.

He's a stray that showed up a couple months ago and wasn't fully grown yet. Nice fella too. He was leery of people for a while but he'd been letting me pet him the last few weeks.

Back