What Its like to Work at Iphone Factory

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just peeped this video of a dude that went undercover to work at an Iphone factory in china and shit aint much different than any normal factory.

execpt for the sucide nets and shit.

what sucks for them is that there are no chinese high technology companies that are competitive on the world stage

so if they increase wages, companies like apple will just go to other countries and all those people will just be put out of work. japan, taiwan, singapore, s korea all avoided this by creating their own competitive high technology companies like mitsubishi, samsung, toyota etc. so when american manufacturers left over high wages, the workers just went to domestic companies

china fucked up by investing all the money into real estate, shitty made buildings and shadow banking

what sucks for them is that there are no chinese high technology companies that are competitive on the world stage

Dam. you might be right. I cant think of a china company that i own, i gots alot of shit Made in china but nothimg from a Chinese based company.

Dam. you might be right. I cant think of a china company that i own, i gots alot of shit Made in china but nothimg from a Chinese based company.

the companies exist but not even chinese people want to buy them, so they have to be priced very very low, so they either arent going to be successful, or arent going to pay wages much better than the iphone factory. even in the video they mentioned some of the workers have chinese phones because of how cheap they are

when i was in china, i was told that people were embarrassed to drive chinese-brand cars

when i was in vietnam, i went on a river tour and part of it was renting bicycles and cruising through farmland. there were around 15 bicycles left and 10 of us. half the bikes looked brand new and half were all old and rusty. but none of the vietnamese people wanted the new ones, i asked why and they said it was because they were chinese and they didnt want a bike that would break lol

Sounds like a job.

I was expecting something shocking but it didn't seem out of the ordinary.

giphy.gif

Sounds like working at the iPhone factory is iNtense

If you dig into any piece of technology, you're going to find this. Sad, but true

Isnt Xiaomi Chinese?
ZTE is the 4 biggest phone brand / company in the world.

The only answer is a world wide minimum wage. Things like this can only happen if there's cooperation between various countries and everyone was on a level playing field. We would need some kind of world wide governing entity to enforce laws and perhaps a universal currency of some sort so no one country holds an advantage over another. If we all got to know each other better we could stop all this hostile fighting and reduce wars etc also. The best way to get to know each other is to be neighbors and work, socialize, and live together.

Xiaomi and Huawei seem to make decent products for a world market but they are by no means on the level of competing with Apple or Google.

That's shitty no doubt and I couldn't imagine working for that company.

But the key in the video is that he talks about the high turnover rate.. which means, no one is forced to work there. You don't like it, don't work there.

A lot of people stay however, and the main reason they have dorms.. is because a lot of those employees are uneducated and from rural parts of China where there are no jobs. They stay because a paycheck is better than no paycheck.

Last edited:
I like how Apple reduce suicides by having nets. They can just bounce back up and get back to work. Always innovating.

Back