What is your favorite city, sherdoggers?

Kunming.

Mild, subtropical weather, big city without the big city rat race feel, clean air. Best city I've ever been to.

Chicago. Lmfao. Rly? Fuckin shit hole.

LA... meh.. lots of culture mixed in with a lot of shit and trash
I could replace Chicago and L.A. with:

Washington, D.C.
Milan
Florence
Nice
Montpellier
Marseille
Verona

Also been to Houston and Austin, which a lot of people here would like, but I personally don't consider them to be on that level.

I could replace Chicago and L.A. with:

Washington, D.C.
Milan
Florence
Nice
Montpellier
Marseille
Verona

Also been to Houston and Austin, which a lot of people here would like, but I personally don't consider them to be on that level.

Never been to half the cities you listed.

But Ive been to chiraq and LA. I know both are supposed to be international marvel cities but honestly they're shit. With major cities, people seem to only evaluate their good parts and not the bad. When you factor in the bad, both are awful.

But Ive been to chiraq and LA. I know both are supposed to be international marvel cities but honestly they're shit. With major cities, people seem to only evaluate their good parts and not the bad. When you factor in the bad, both are awful.
It's subjective. I didn't include cities like Baltimore and Philadelphia for similar reasons. But Chicago and L.A. have enough unique and interesting features for me to include them. Or not. I've visited a lot of cities. I'm trying not to count the smaller ones. I'm also probably overlooking some in places like Italy, France, etc...

To live in: Chicago

To hang out in for a weekend: Austin

Yeah, because people visit cities to dwell in the bad areas and experience the shitty parts about it. Get the fuck out of here.

It's subjective. I didn't include cities like Baltimore and Philadelphia for similar reasons. But Chicago and L.A. have enough unique and interesting features for me to include them. Or not. I've visited a lot of cities. I'm trying not to count the smaller ones. I'm also probably overlooking some in places like Italy, France, etc...

Nothing wrong with smaller cities...

A great deal of research has shown how people from large cities are unfriendly and hostile, and people from smaller cities are the opposite.

The people that make up a city have got to have an impact on how that city is rated. I didn't meet many people in Chicago but the people in LA are fucking unbearable.

A great deal of research has shown how people from large cities are unfriendly and hostile, and people from smaller cities are the opposite.

The people that make up a city have got to have an impact on how that city is rated. I didn't meet many people in Chicago but the people in LA are fucking unbearable.
I'll do some smaller cities then:

Cambridge (MA, USA)
Berkeley
Palo Alto
Santa Monica
Bath
Arlington (VA)
Cambridge (England, UK)
Alexandria (VA, USA)
Ajaccio
Avignon

People in Chicago were cool in my experience. Lots of hot girls all around. The girls I went out with were knockouts. I stayed in a really nice hotel and they gave me a special treat because it was close to my birthday. I flew first class there. Got hooked up with some good tickets to the Crossroads Guitar Festival. I suppose my opinion of the city was influenced by the fact that everything went well while I was there, but then again, what's wrong with that. I thought it was cool how it looks like you're flying over an ocean into the city, even though it's just a lake. How the skyline meshes into the beachfront. How the lake looks like the Caribbean in terms of color in the summer.

Chicago-Beach-Summer.700.jpg

In the states
Burlington VT
NYC
San Diego
Vegas

outside the states
Nago, okinawa
Belfast Ireland
reyjavik iceland

Out of the decently sized cities I've been to.

USA-San Diego
Europe-Barcelona/Salzburg
Asia-Tokyo/Singapore

Much prefer small cities or towns though.

If you're going to live in Manila, might as well be Makati. My wife and I got married there. We used to have an apartment in Punta, Santa Ana.

Favorite city? Probably Seoul.
I work as an IT guy at the embassy there, once I got used to traffic I have fun in ph. No place like San Diego though

Funny, my impression of Los Angelenos has been the complete opposite. Everyone has been cool as shit. They ask me how I'm liking it out here and welcome me with open arms. They say it's the transplants that come out here and put on airs about living dat glamorous Hollywood lifestyle that give the people of LA a bad name.

Gothenburg is a nice city during the summer. The people are also more social compared to the rest of Sweden.

I really like the city I live in Darwin N.T. the heat can be crazy in the build-up season but when the monsoon rains hit like today it makes it all worth it.
My favorite City would have to be Cheng mai in the north of Thailand great food lots to do and amazing people.

Back