What is WSOF GC and why this affiliates?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This organization have only made two official events this year, they have a matchmaker who add every possible fighter on facebook, signed a big boobed girl to fight in Tokyo which never happened. Is there any goal with that promotion then all this "affiliates" just to put their logo? It would be i open a fast food company, we barely make hamburgers but we put our logo on other companies.

I just do not get it, Evgeny Erokhin is their champion and he fights outside of their promotion? That never happens in WSOF/Bellator/ONE/UFC

Please explain.

Last edited:
Poster Milesabove will chime in....he works for WSOF GC. I believe they have a DEEP/WSOF GC event next week.

Last he said in the coming months they will be announcing or laying out what there intentions are for 2017.

Fine questions.

The matchmaker of yesteryear is legitimately bad at his job. He should be gone very soon. So that answers that.

As far as affiliates, 2016 was the build of the foundation. And 2017 will be the year of enacting the actual strategy of GC.

So while I'm not going into the direct strategy of GC for the next year, the idea is to not waste time on large shows when there is no demand. This is the folly of so many companies. "We've got money, let's put on a big show and everyone will watch." You spend up to $300,000 on a world-caliber show and usually what you'll do is lose money for yourself or the local investor. It happens time and again and in the end, essentially two companies make money off that strategy: UFC and Bellator. And neither of these shows make money on the events themselves (gate). GC is wisely moving away from that paradigm and moving toward a system much more capable of potential revenue.

Affiliates include very small orgs like Royalty Combat, Yoddha, JFL, and ULLAMP. Up and coming organizations like FightStar, Eternal/Reign, UGB (now Blaze) and SLAM. And already strong regional promotions like DEEP, AFL, IRFA, and most recently Aspera FC.

There's going to be a noted push on not treating fighters like property, and instead focus on giving them a reason to stick with the Global Family in the future.

**And in regards to Erohkin. Why should he sit on a shelf? If we do not plan to have a show in the near future and he has an opportunity to make money.... we're not OneFC.

Last edited:
I just do not get it, Evgeny Erokhin is their champion and he fights outside of their promotion? That never happens in WSOF/Bellator/ONE/UFC
Aoki fought numerous times outside of ONE when he was champ. Minakov flat out refused to fight for Bellator and fought elsewhere while he was their champ as well.

Aoki fought numerous times outside of ONE when he was champ. Minakov flat out refused to fight for Bellator and fought elsewhere while he was their champ as well.

While yes, he was wrong on his facts, his question is fair. Why would we allow it? The answer is pretty simple: Putting people on the shelf is bullshit if you don't have a good reason.

There's a general misunderstanding of the industry with fans of MMA. It's not their fault, really. Most companies love to pretend their something when the reality is different. Everyone is into the "Fake it until you make it" strategy (see my conversation about RFA). And Darren Owen and myself has made it a point that in 2017 we need to be who we are, and help that inform us of how we operate.

And I think one of the most important things to say right off the bat is: "Our new strategy might not work." That's the reality of shifting a paradigm. It might fall flat. But what Owen and myself are working under is a general concept of: Instead of pretending you're a big deal and everyone should tow your line.... create a strong collective of intelligent and hard-working promotions to work as a collective unit. Assure that there are plans in place to provide promoters with opportunities to help one another, while still creative competitive revenue-achievement, and build an inherent and understandable progression for the quality talent that is hidden around the Globe.

How this strategy will be implemented has to be protected. And it's not a short-term success model. It is a model based on gradual incline of ROI with front-end investment by the Global owners. But the alternative is to put on 5-6 shows a year nobody asked for and even fewer care about... going head-to-head in a model that is dominated by 2-3 organizations. The latter simply does not make sense.

I will say this: Anyone who supports our new system when it is implemented, is supporting these affiliates as much as they're supporting Global (I say that literally, not as hyperbole). It has been my job to pull together the affiliates and create a majority of the new strategy, and I call it the "Global Family" for a reason. Sibling rivalry and trying to be the premiere show within that Family is great... but in the end one hand washes the other, and we're stronger together. And in the middle is Global's ability to bring in stronger sponsors and names when the affiliates develop their product the right way.

Anyway, a lot of blah blah. But I work 15/7 and surely feel the weight of all 18 of our affiliates expectations for us to implement a quality strategy before April of 2017.

It sounds logical, but how stupid can you be to even try to make an event in Cameroon as it was planned? EFC have never made one event outside of South Africa. Waste of time and money.

Also, start changing the name to just Global Fc.

Many fighters i have heard who signed with WSOF GC feel disapointed and of course they got released, but just start lying about "sibling" and "cooperation" and stop pretending you are part of this coming DEEP events, that is Shigeru Saekis shows and not Shawns.

It sounds logical, but how stupid can you be to even try to make an event in Cameroon as it was planned? EFC have never made one event outside of South Africa. Waste of time and money.

Also, start changing the name to just Global Fc.

Many fighters i have heard who signed with WSOF GC feel disapointed and of course they got released, but just start lying about "sibling" and "cooperation" and stop pretending you are part of this coming DEEP events, that is Shigeru Saekis shows and not Shawns.

A lot of half-truth information here and you sound jilted, which I can only assume means you're involved somehow in the botched Cameroonian interest. Since you noted Shawn and not Darren Owen, myself, or the Hessers, I have to assume you're in the Cameroonian group, but maybe I'm wrong. So let me shed some light on the Cameroon deal, regardless.

Our matchmaker was made aware of Cameroon's interest in holding an event. Through the course of a two-week conversation, it was decided that during our trips to Italy and South Africa (to see Affiliate promotions), Shawn and myself would head to Cameroon to see if there was any real interest in cooperation. Bear in mind, nothing in Cameroon is an affiliation. The interest was due to their saying they wished to hold an event. This is very different than contracts held by official Affiliates such as DEEP, IRFA, AFL, and so forth. But why not see if an event can be held in a country like Cameroon if they are offering, and it's on our way back from South Africa to Europe?

Three fighters were signed from Cameroon with the necessary qualification being that Cameroon was paying for a future event (as they stated they would). During our week-long stay in Cameroon, it became clear that Cameroonian Wushu Federation and the Olympic Committee was interested in GC paying in full the first event event. But they had no interest in signing any documents to that effect, and so the negotiations went nowhere.

So while you, sir, clearly feel miffed by GC deciding against working in Cameroon. That has literally no bearing on Co-Promoted events, nor the collective cooperation of the 18 affiliates.

I hope that clears things up.

Edit: And in regards to "many fighters upset". I think what you mean is a couple Cameroonians upset. Because we don't hold fighters hostage in contracts. All of my interactions with fighters have been positive, and while this year has not been optimal, such is the reality of MMA promotions.

Last edited:
Fine questions.

The matchmaker of yesteryear is legitimately bad at his job. He should be gone very soon. So that answers that.

As far as affiliates, 2016 was the build of the foundation. And 2017 will be the year of enacting the actual strategy of GC.

So while I'm not going into the direct strategy of GC for the next year, the idea is to not waste time on large shows when there is no demand. This is the folly of so many companies. "We've got money, let's put on a big show and everyone will watch." You spend up to $300,000 on a world-caliber show and usually what you'll do is lose money for yourself or the local investor. It happens time and again and in the end, essentially two companies make money off that strategy: UFC and Bellator. And neither of these shows make money on the events themselves (gate). GC is wisely moving away from that paradigm and moving toward a system much more capable of potential revenue.

Affiliates include very small orgs like Royalty Combat, Yoddha, JFL, and ULLAMP. Up and coming organizations like FightStar, Eternal/Reign, UGB (now Blaze) and SLAM. And already strong regional promotions like DEEP, AFL, IRFA, and most recently Aspera FC.

There's going to be a noted push on not treating fighters like property, and instead focus on giving them a reason to stick with the Global Family in the future.

**And in regards to Erohkin. Why should he sit on a shelf? If we do not plan to have a show in the near future and he has an opportunity to make money.... we're not OneFC.

That makes tons of sense. Sounds like you have a solid gameplan and a very fiscally sustainable model.

Although, maybe making an Erohkin vs Mondragon rematch for a future event may be worthwhile. ;)

That makes tons of sense. Sounds like you have a solid gameplan and a very fiscally sustainable model.

Although, maybe making an Erohkin vs Mondragon rematch for a future event may be worthwhile. ;)
Believe me, I'd love nothing more than have Erohkin fighting ALWAYS. That dude did not like me at first, but by the second event he came around. Mostly because my friend and co-worker from Tough Prints is Russian and speaks fluently, so Erohkin could finally understand what I was saying, LOL.

It's a solid theoretical model. But like any model it relies on hitting all your marks and precision actions by competent workers. That is not always easy to find in MMA.

I do know that our affiliates are doing all they can to be prepared for their end. And that's something to be proud of. It's hard for these regional shows to think about the worldwide perspective, because by nature they must focus on filling seats first. We hope to simply supplement them with what we can bring. And when we're successful there, only THEN does it makes sense to keep doing $300k shows.

WHile I wasn't on the decision-end in the early going. I think the China and Japan show were 100% my owners flexing because the guys on the US side said they couldn't do it. And if nothing else, the production looked quality. That's not an easy feat, but having guys like Darren Owen and myself help. He runs the front. I run the back. So far no major malfunctions or problems. But now comes the part where you have to be realistic. You're not going to be the UFC. You're not going to be Bellator. And unless your one of those two, you shouldn't use their model. A different approach has to be taken. And while I fully expect some on the outside to ridicule or mock it; we have to look past that and see the longterm goal.

And in the end, maybe it happens and works perfect. Maybe it doesn't happen at all. These next four weeks tell us a lot. But I do know the right plan has been given to the bosses. They just have to decide if they want to do it or not.

I haven't followed WSOF-GC as closely as most others have, they just seem like a website network that takes smaller companies and puts their shows online with streams and VOD.

Nothing more, nothing else really.

I know that's not what it is and I know I will be corrected, but it just looks that way.

I haven't followed WSOF-GC as closely as most others have, they just seem like a website network that takes smaller companies and puts their shows online with streams and VOD.

Nothing more, nothing else really.

I know that's not what it is and I know I will be corrected, but it just looks that way.

As it should for this year. Bosses had pie-in-the-sky plans for endless shows. Owen and myself came in and said they had to chuck out that ridiculousness. Wasn't the most fun meetings, but it was necessary. So the first year became about gathering the affiliates and learning what was possible with them. The PPV/VOD were all just for the affiliates early on, because a lot of them have small factions of fans that they could earn a little revenue from when we could set everything up. And we didn't want people paying a fully monthly price because we couldn't assure they could provide the content consistently. No reason to burn bridges there.

In the meantime, we ran 3 shows, which were wholly to put them on and show it wasn't BS that there was an organization or some sort of posturing scheme. But the reality is the bosses wanted 12 shows and that was ridiculous. So we got them to pump the breaks, and thank goodness we did. Following that old-hat model was insanity.

So I assume you're using the WSOF name to draw interest as they're somewhat of a stable company and known amongst most hardcore fans?

But realistically there isn't much else that ties the 2 together, right?

Take WSOF away from the name and I'm sure a lot of the smaller companies wouldn't really associate themselves with you guys. Or at least that's how it seems.

I mean, why would a random organization in Italy tie itself to an unknown network for the sake of it?

I don't know all of the plans of scheme of the network or anything and I don't mean that as a disrespect or to discredit the network or anything, but that's just what it looks like.

So I assume you're using the WSOF name to draw interest as they're somewhat of a stable company and known amongst most hardcore fans?

But realistically there isn't much else that ties the 2 together, right?

Take WSOF away from the name and I'm sure a lot of the smaller companies wouldn't really associate themselves with you guys. Or at least that's how it seems.

I mean, why would a random organization in Italy tie itself to an unknown network for the sake of it?

I don't know all of the plans of scheme of the network or anything and I don't mean that as a disrespect or to discredit the network or anything, but that's just what it looks like.

All fair statements and questions from an outside perspective. Believe me, I knew what I was getting into with this brand/split madness and those are are valid questions. Actually ourselves and the WSOF branch are on fine terms outside of Sefo/Ali. But oddly enough most of the affiliates don't really care about the name. It gets you in the door, to be sure. But the promoters themselves are generally hardcore fans. They see/hear what's happening with WSOF. They know the numbers. And quite frankly regardless of if we are WSOF Global or MilesAbove CHampionships, it's about if you can provide opportunity for revenue.

As stated many times, these next couple months can go in almost any direction. But if the strategy layed out goes into play, which is backed by Owen, the lawyers, the affiliates, and the two strong connected influencers we have at our disposal.... this year can be the breakout year for the Global Family. I'm in the office 7 days a week (in fact typing this from the office right now) and it's a daunting task. People can be miffed, confused, skeptical and what not.... what the work is being done for something real. And you take your lumps that people throw out there because the bosses put the cart before the horse with their initial strategy... and talked too much. We'll see where this all lands. Maybe the next great thing. Maybe I go back to Tough Prints in a month and continue to handle business strategy for the company that does 70% of all shorts/shirts and banners for fighters. I'm fueled by an actual interest in helping the affiliates with a strategy I think works. Hope it sticks and I hope it's something even jaded Sherdoggers will consider supporting, lol

So what happened during the last four months? Nothing, just what i was expecting!

This organization is a joke and thinks their brand is so big that all small promotions need them to broadcast, there is UFC Fight Pass for that.

So what happened during the last four months? Nothing, just what i was expecting!

This organization is a joke and thinks their brand is so big that all small promotions need them to broadcast, there is UFC Fight Pass for that.

Sadly, the reality in MMA is pretty much every org outside of the UFC ends up being a joke or a million reasons why it failed over time. You just got to enjoy it while it last, don't try to think or come on sherdog and make arguments about how they are taking over the UFC or how big they are or could be, and don't be shocked if its gone tomorrow.

Sadly, the reality in MMA is pretty much every org outside of the UFC ends up being a joke or a million reasons why it failed over time. You just got to enjoy it while it last, don't try to think or come on sherdog and make arguments about how they are taking over the UFC or how big they are or could be, and don't be shocked if its gone tomorrow.

My point is the investor behind this Wsof Global have no strategy at all and Jason is just there for taking money and pretends to be something he is not. He has the same citizen as Donald Trump (Businessmen who became president) so i am not surprised, besides most of americans who are in asia have zero interest to learn the language they are living in and does not want to take part of the culture, they are only there for business.

Shawn wasted time in Cameroon, what is next? Greenland or Madagaskar?

so can wsof-gc be called just wsof now that they changed their name?

I think post #13 was written when @MilesAbove was still worked for WSOF-GC. He doesn't anymore and would be intrested to see what his views are now.

Back