What Is/Would Be In Your SHTF Pack?

The usual things but one rarely mentioned is a book on your local flora. Youre gonna be eating a lotta plants and a lot of em are poisonous. No I dont prep, first place Id scout is the local pharmacy because meds/pills will be valuable currency. Secondly sports shops. Most likely Id just die or get kilt.

You're in Alaska, just hunker down.

Yeah. Bug out bag??? We just call them bags....

The world could collapse and I'd be catching dolly dolly vardens, salmon, char and shooting and eating moose....I'd be fine here.

The usual things but one rarely mentioned is a book on your local flora. Youre gonna be eating a lotta plants and a lot of em are poisonous. No I dont prep, first place Id scout is the local pharmacy because meds/pills will be valuable currency. Secondly sports shops. Most likely Id just die or get kilt.

Are you Scottish? Why the kilt?

Yeah. Bug out bag??? We just call them bags....

The world could collapse and I'd be catching dolly dolly vardens, salmon, char and shooting and eating moose....I'd be fine here.

Ok... I would bring Bushman.. fuck them socks n lighters.
I hope he fits in my bag.

446406-461536-0x0.jpg

mike-ike.jpg

Living in CA, earthquakes are a real threat, even a tsunami here on the coast. The common wisdom is to plan for at least 4 days without water or power. So for that:

My AR-15 and other firearms, for protection of life and property more than anything. If there is no Rule of Law, I would open carry everywhere locked and loaded.
5 gallon jug of water - I think if you're just holed up inside your house, you're not going to need much more.
Blankets and sleeping bags
Acoustic guitar, books, and cards for recreation
Bleach to sanitize whatever
Flash lights, chem lights, and flares
Enough snacks and meals. I figure we can still boil water using my car's engine. 4 days is not long enough to worry about starvation.
Finally a fire extinguisher just in case.

@Mike I think he is calling you gay.

No. Mike and Ike candies so for when the apocalypse destroys all that is living and green, I'll still remember the taste of real fruit. Namely strawberries, limes, oranges, cherries and lemons (pictured on the box)

No. Mike and Ike candies so for when the apocalypse destroys all that is living and green, I'll still remember the taste of real fruit.

I was just trying to start a fight with @Mike
So I could what from the side
But no such luck

I have some prep done at my home, more than adequate gear but really need to lose a few pounds and discipline my kids.

In terms of gear, are we talking about the B.O.B. (bug out bag or 72 hour bag) or the I.N.C.H. (I'm not coming home) bag?

You definitely want the following:
-Multiple ways of starting a fire
(cotton balls in Vaseline, flints, matches, etc)
-Multiple blades including at least one "chopper" like a hatchet or kukri
-Water containment and purification
-Fish hooks
-Sewing kit
-Mess kit w/ can opener
-Medical supplies including gauze, asprin, benadryl, disinfectant and epipen/antibiotics/quikclot as funds allow
-Crowbar
-At least 100ft of 550 paracord
-Tarp
-Firearm you know how to use w/ ammo (keeping weight in mind)
-Multiple pairs of wool socks (cotton kills)
-Calorie dense food (fish in oil, dried fruit and peanut butter are all great)
-Compass and various maps (especially railroad and topo)
-Dog whistle

Keep these in mind and you'll have a pretty good base. The paradox is that you want multiuse items to economize weight and space but also want to have redundancy in case something gets lost/broken/bartered.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

I'm not going anywhere. I have everything I need here. Where does everyone plan to go?
My local strip mall has a few fast food places, a grocery store, and a Lowe's. It's perfect. Mega gas station just down the road, and smaller one across the street, along with a bank and gym.

I'm staying at my house and defending it until I die

I have a bug out bag with all the essentials.

Water bottle with filters and some purifying packets, flint and first aid kit, hand saw and multi tool, emergency bivy, maps and pamphlets on local edibles, rope and fishing line etc.

Also some random stuff thrown in that's not a burden to carry but can be useful - like safety pins.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back