What is this submission move called?

DasentMater

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Guys, can't find a video tutorial for this (brown belt submitting blue in the background), can you post a link if you have one? What do you call it? Doesn't look like standard Americana but over the head submission?

1:08

The camera is blocking so it's hard to say exactly how he finished because there are multiple options. With a tight enough s mount or high mount where you have both of your opponent's arms pinched inwards, their arms are just dangling there. You can wrist lock, straight a bar, mounted armbar, americana or kimura. If you get in that position, the finish is the easy part.

It looks like an armbar from s-mount to me

It looks like an armbar from s-mount to me
what it looks like to me. im gonna guess ts has seen armbar from mount before but was surprised at this one because the guy on top didnt have to lay back to finish.

If you get a really strong mount like he did where both yours are high up in your opponents armpits and their arms are out of position, a lot of times they really cant mount any defense against the arm bar. instead of sitting back, he leans over the other way (kinda like you would in an armbar against turtle, but face up).

Back