What is the worst prolonged beatdown in your opinion

Cain/Dos Santos II and III. Junior took way too much punishment over the course of those 2 fights for my liking. I personally believe that Cain beat the soul out of Junior in those 2 fights and he has never ever looked the same to me since.
this is my vote as well. you could take either fight and make it a candidate - and the fact that he had to go thru it twice makes it that much worse.

Herring is as tough as it gets. And near the end of the 1st round, Herring managed to reverse Fedor and was going for some GnP on its own. It didn't make into round 2 because of a doctor stoppage. Otherwise Herring would probably have gone the distance

Plus I'm pretty sure Herring was concussed in the early mins. Him escaping out of the ring was pure survival mode

Sherbros hammering Conor for not defending is up there.

GSP vs Fitch and Koscheck 2

4415e90e8cbe6b7327bba7da804d989a--josh-koscheck-jon-fitch.jpg

chris cyborg beat some chick BADLY, i think it was in SF

Cain/Dos Santos II and III. Junior took way too much punishment over the course of those 2 fights for my liking. I personally believe that Cain beat the soul out of Junior in those 2 fights and he has never ever looked the same to me since.
Agreed. They were some career shortening beat downs. Dos Santos never the same after.

Cain/ JDS 2 and 3 turned JDS into the scariest HW to an old man

I attended Cain/JDS III & man, I'm hard pressed to recall a prolonged beat down as bad as this. Maybe GSP/Fitch?

Maybe not the worst, but rds 2 & 3 of MJ vs Khabib was hard to watch. I was grateful for the tap

bj penn vs diego sanchez. diego hasnt been the same since. the heart is there, the aggression is there but that fight changed him forever. there was alot of backlash at the time jackson/wink should have thrown in the towel, and rightfully so

Mark Kerr vs Fabio Gurgel from early days of bare knuckle vale tudo was fucking brutal. Gurgel was a bloody mess and Kerr was on top just headbutting him into oblivion. Went on for 30 minutes.

Carwin Mir. At the very end of the fight, Mir is almost dead and big Dan won't stop the fucking fight. Rogan is upset and calling for it to be done. Carwin looks upset and motions to say it's over. Mir is just so fucking murdered that it makes me feel ill, and I was rooting for Carwin. I know it was not technically a prolonged beat down, but that shit felt like it with how long it takes the ref to intervene.

Kongo versus Mustaf Al Turk..... JESUS. Blood literally shoots out of the cage and onto the camera. If you didn't catch it, Al Turk has his hands kinda stuck and can't really defend, and Kongo goes off with elbows and punches to the face. There's nowhere to go, no way to defend or improve his position. Mazzagatti takes soooooo long in ending it. Just awful.

One for the ages. Back then refs did not believe in early stoppages!
Certainly not. I loved watching it when it first began. I remember my dad and I rented Ufc 1 from the video store when I was young and I've been hooked since. We rented every one as they came out up until it became more mainstream. Good times.

Back