What is the UNLUCKIEST thing that has ever happened to you?

My jacket with wallet in it was robbed while i was drunk in a nightclub. By pure chance I seen the guy about 4 hours later in the street. When I asked him about it he started throwing punches. Id hurt him and some chicks intervened.

The cops arrived and seen the girls helping him with his broken bloody face and me with shaved head and tattoos shouting drunkenly 'thats him he did it!' (talking about the theft obviously).

The first cop just walked up to me and started choking me against the wall...I put my heel behind his and ran forward throwing him to the ground as a reaction. Got arrested for police assault. Cops literally let the other guy walk away. Charges were dropped later with an apology from police.

Cliffs- got robbed, then arrested for police assault- didnt get my wallet or jacket back

What a bunch of incompetent jackasses the police are... The fuckin' ass-kissing, blue lives bumper sticker enablers make it worse!

Tripped and fell on my computer one day several years ago. Looked down and I had accidentally created a Sherdog account.

After reading these, I feel really ridiculous talking about the time I once dropped my keys into a sewer grate as I was getting them out of my pocket to unlock the car now

I originally thought that, but I think a common misconception is that no one can have it bad because some kids in a poor country are starving.

Obviously some misfortunes are worse than others, but that doesn't make what happened to you any less worse.

I gave the abridged version of my story for brevity, but when I say my job and circumstances were hell on Earth, it is impossible to verbalize, you'd have to live it out. Text always seems "not as bad".

Was kicked by an horse in the face when I was 6. Broken nose and left cheek all open...the doc said that I only survived because the horse was unshod.

I learned a new word today. "unshod"

I learned a new word today. "unshod"
Yeah, i had to google it too. I wanted to write unshoed but was not sure if it was correct...and apparently unshod is the correct term.

Ankylosing spondylitis.. Got it just as i was gonna enter my prime years.

My sons mom decided to flee the state with him when I attempted to get our verbal custody agreement legalized. I was extremely fair, paid for a lawyer to draft the documents myself, and gave her say and consideration the entire way. Apparently she decided that I was trying to keep him from her (nonsense), and fled the state with him during one of her visitation weekends.

She decided to do this a month into my cardiovascular program at college, they only accept 9 people a year and I got in first try (exceptionally rare). I now had to go to work, study, go to school, go to court, go to my lawyers office, and dig through past conversations and emails to disprove the nonsense she used to justify taking him... it took a major toll on me.

I struggled my way through classes, passing 3 of 4, but I needed a 92 on my final to pass one class after I had a breakdown on the second to last test. I scored a 90 on the final (the second highest grade in the class), ended up with a 72.6 in the class (needed a 74 to pass), they wouldnt bump me, and I got kicked from the program.

I reapplied the following year, got wait-listed. My former classmates graduated last summer.

when my mom got herself preggo against my dads wishes, and she had my sister. sis has been a worthless poa forever

I had an incredible job for seven years, six figures, corner office. Company went under.

Then I had a pretty great job for seven years, ran a department of 130 people. Company went under.

My current job is about as good as a venereal disease. I'm sure it will last forever.

Damn. My company moves me around to different IT companies depending on where I'm needed. Was at an oil & gas company that had every other friday off. It was an easy job and I loved it. Company went under and I get moved to a job much farther away (after I just moved farther away from my current location). So now my drives home and to work was 1.5 hours if I was lucky. 2+ hours if there was any incident on the road. Couldn't look for a new job cause I had so much shit going on wedding, honey moon, bonuses coming, pregnancy. Just had to many days off I needed and no way would a new job give them to me.

Just now last week they moved me much closer to work and now my drive is shorter than ever.

What a bunch of incompetent jackasses the police are... The fuckin' ass-kissing, blue lives bumper sticker enablers make it worse!

Yup, they kept me 13 hours with no food or drink n shit too. I would have taken legal against them but I was leaving the country for a cool ass trip a week later. It was the CCTV that helped me- it showed me standing there pointing while a cop charged me and choked me then me defending myself lol

My sons mom decided to flee the state with him when I attempted to get our verbal custody agreement legalized. I was extremely fair, paid for a lawyer to draft the documents myself, and gave her say and consideration the entire way. Apparently she decided that I was trying to keep him from her (nonsense), and fled the state with him during one of her visitation weekends.

She decided to do this a month into my cardiovascular program at college, they only accept 9 people a year and I got in first try (exceptionally rare). I now had to go to work, study, go to school, go to court, go to my lawyers office, and dig through past conversations and emails to disprove the nonsense she used to justify taking him... it took a major toll on me.

I struggled my way through classes, passing 3 of 4, but I needed a 92 on my final to pass one class after I had a breakdown on the second to last test. I scored a 90 on the final (the second highest grade in the class), ended up with a 72.6 in the class (needed a 74 to pass), they wouldnt bump me, and I got kicked from the program.

I reapplied the following year, got wait-listed. My former classmates graduated last summer.

giphy.gif

This was frustrating just reading!

I'm an incredibly lucky/blessed person. I certainly have good fate, and If there is such a thing as luck, I have always had it somehow.

Even when things are like "oh no!" they will turn out "oh yay!"

For example:

I quit my last ESL job at a small college, was about to have to ship out for another ESL job in Shanghai, and had a feeling like, "Maybe I should take a chance!"

So I Googled my dream job, picked up the phone and called their department, and was like, "hey, have any jobs?" they were like, "sure LOL." and agreed to an interview.

In the interview they were like, "You seem like a lucky fellow, with an impressively lucky resume, how would you like to be a full professor for the department instead of an ESL adjunct?" I was like, "Sounds smart!"

Then the last hurdle was like, "Hmm, how much do you pay?" and they sent the contract, and I was like, "SIGN SIGN!"

But I expect 1 or 2 lucky things a week, 1 or 2 very lucky things a month, and 1 to 2 impossibly lucky and wacky things a year.

Back