What is the toughest Jiu-Jitsu tournament there is?

GuanoApes

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
When it comes to wrestling, I’d say the Olympics is the top competition.

Well, what is the top competition with Jiu-Jitsu?

ADCC? The world championships?

Last edited:
The IBJJF World Championships are a a different event from the Brazilian Nationals.
No I know that, Im saying, could Brazilian Nationals be a tougher tournament than the Mundials? Kinda like how in freestyle wrestling Russian Nationals or Yarygin might very well be tougher than the Olympics.

No I know that, Im saying, could Brazilian Nationals be a tougher tournament than the Mundials? Kinda like how in freestyle wrestling Russian Nationals or Yarygin might very well be tougher than the Olympics.

No, most of the best guys live in the USA and often don't compete at the Brazilian Nationals.
Even for a lot of colored belts the Worlds are super hard as you have a bazillions guys in your weight division.

Maybe at blue and purples

No, most of the best guys live in the USA and often don't compete at the Brazilian Nationals.
Even for a lot of colored belts the Worlds are super hard as you have a bazillions guys in your weight division.
I guess the wealth of top BJJ talent is starting to spread across the globe. Pretty cool.

That was true for a while but probably not within the last 7-8 years. IBJJF Worlds gets my vote.

It's hard to compare the ADCC and the Worlds because it takes different skills. But I think a significant factor at the ADCC is that a lot of the guys competing there aren't 100% no-gi focused and are often trying to adapt their gi games rather then prepare optimally.

The Olympics for freestyle/greco is no different than the worlds. Ivan Yarygin/European is some of the toughest tournaments you can get. Russians/Azeris/Georgians/a combo of Taylor/Snyder/Burroughs and Turkish make the toughest tournaments. So, probably Ivan Yarygin.

The Olympics for freestyle/greco is no different than the worlds. Ivan Yarygin/European is some of the toughest tournaments you can get. Russians/Azeris/Georgians/a combo of Taylor/Snyder/Burroughs and Turkish make the toughest tournaments. So, probably Ivan Yarygin.

These tournaments are much tougher. But I thought we were talking about bjj tournaments only

When it comes to wrestling, I’d say the Olympics is the top competition.

Well, what is the top competition with Jiu-Jitsu?

ADCC? The world championships?

Depends on what you mean when you say Jiu-Jitsu.

If you mean the sport adjudicated by the International Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Federation, then the IBJJF worlds.

If you mean submission grappling in a more broad sense, then the ADCC.

Depends on what you mean when you say Jiu-Jitsu.

If you mean the sport adjudicated by the International Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Federation, then the IBJJF worlds.

If you mean submission grappling in a more broad sense, then the ADCC.

How many guys do you have to beat in adcc to win gold?

Probably not as many as you need to beat to win gold at Judo worlds.

Yea but judo has no bearing on this discussion. It boils down to ibjjf and adcc. Imho, the sheer number of people you have to beat in ibjjf makes it harder. Especially in the lighter weight classes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back