What is the problem with a fighter wanting to get the most out of their body?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I honestly do not see a problem taking something such as a PED, a steroid, or any supplement that will give you an advantage in order to get the absolute best possible performance out of your own body.

For instance an anabolic androgenic steroid, in which we know is known for its ability to build and strengthen muscle as well as reduce body fat. Other common PEDs include human growth hormones. Athletes and other young adults may use this drug to improve performance and increase muscle.

Now (other than the fact in the long run it is taxing on the bodys organs) in the end its the fighters life and choice....

I want to hear why fighters... if they ALL were allowed to choose to do it, cant get the most performance that their own body allows?

Not to mention fights would be much more exciting in my opinion.

I'd have a problem with PED's if it weren't possible to get advantages legally.

So as long as you can get and edge legally (which you can) i don't have any problem with fighters or athletes in general that use a performance enhancer.

I honestly do not see a problem taking something such as a PED, a steroid, or any supplement that will give you an advantage in order to get the absolute best possible performance out of your own body.

For instance an anabolic androgenic steroid, in which we know is known for its ability to build and strengthen muscle as well as reduce body fat. Other common PEDs include human growth hormones. Athletes and other young adults may use this drug to improve performance and increase muscle.

Now (other than the fact in the long run it is taxing on the bodys organs) in the end its the fighters life and choice....

I want to hear why fighters... if they ALL were allowed to choose to do it, cant get the most performance that their own body allows?

If serious:
<LikeReally5>

If not:
<[analyzed}>

It's illegal because of all the bad side effects.
Also, it's an unfair advantage to other athletes. Not everyone wants to use PEDs. It's fine if everyone does it but then, wouldn't it be the same as if nobody takes it?

It's not fair to other athletes who wants to stay natty and healthy. You're saying I have to risk getting a small penis so I can compete with you fairly. How is that fair?

Jones failed every test during his title run. Now UFC can't take it anymore. It's all ooover!

Because...

Another way to get the most out of your body would be to have surgery to replace your hand bones with metal. Perhaps sharp edges. Presumably that would be okay too?

It definitely would make fights more exciting. Imagine one guy with surgery to replace his hand with a sword, another with an axe? Which would be better? Lot's of excitement, and think of the money gambler's would make with all the new matchups to figure out.

I personally don't care about PEDs. PRIDE was the tits. Double Ds.

But they were legal in PRIDE. They're not legal in the UFC.

I have a problem with cheaters.

Another way to get the most out of your body would be to have surgery to replace your hand bones with metal. Perhaps sharp edges. Presumably that would be okay too?

It definitely would make fights more exciting. Imagine one guy with surgery to replace his hand with a sword, another with an axe? Which would be better? Lot's of excitement, and think of the money gambler's would make with all the new matchups to figure out.

<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

<{JustBleed}>

He could have finished his contract clean (losing to Gus, DC, and who knows else) or asked or his release. There are organizations that he could compete in that don't test. He simply fights in one that does, and that is why it is cheating. This isn't a difficult concept.

Back