What is the oldest piece of clothing that you still regularly wear?

• Thread starter Significance Deficit
  • Start date
Camping hat. Still wearing it for almost 20 years. Same type Les Stroud wears.

603f75e47934e6a36258c7f5d447bfa9.jpg
Les Stroud=goat.

Survivorman is my spirit animal

Every summer i pull out my swimming shorts ive had for 15 years. I wear them regularly, even though I dont swim.

Snowmobile jacket that I got 10+ years ago. I only use it 1 - 2 times a year because snow has been crappy for a while.

About 10 years ago, I pulled a pair of shoes from my Dad's closet to wear for a blues brothers costume on Halloween. They were destroyed as the finish on the leather just flaked off. My Dad was pissed and said those shoes were antiques. A year later we were heading to St Louis and meeting someone for lunch at a restaurant on Historical Route 66. They were running late, so we went to the Route 66 museum across the street from the restaurant. In a glass case they had the exact shoes, and they were dated like 1920. I was cracking up, but my Dad was not amused.

Majority of my clothes is stuff I've had for 10+ years. I'm not much into fashion or clothes shopping. When I do but clothes, I like to hit up Goodwills or Salvos. I know, it makes me sound poor, but it's the way it goes.

Funny enough, my clothes dresser is the oldest thing I still own. I've had it all my life, so the thing is probably older than my 31 years.

I wear a mummy shroud a picked up in Egypt. It's comfy and broken in after 3000 years.

A lot of my workout shirts are from from 15+ years ago. I still have some long sleeve button down shirts that I still wear to work that are over 10 years old. Still in very good shape.

This hat:

IMG_1701.jpg

Bought in 1983. The top tore out so I fixed it with fabric from old pant leg.

Every time I get pin for a race or shooting competition I pin it on there. Took it to China and Europe.

Got the Navy Parachute Team pin from a Navy Seal at the Ironman Championships in Kona Hawaii. They had a recruiting booth.

His patience was worn thin after dealing with a kid that was playing with their Demo M4 making machine gun noises:
200_s.gif

I've got shooting pins all around my hat, so when the kid left I stepped up and started asking the dumbest questions I could think of.

"Wow, is that a machine gun?" Etc etc, and on and on.

Navy SEALS are supposed to have attention to detail but none of them looked directly at my hat, they just kept sighing and rolling their eyes, like "where do these fuckers come from?"

Finally, one stepped up with 4 T-Shirts, 6 Stickers, 5 hat pins and a posters just so I'd leave. Ha.

Put one of the stickers on a rifle:

VZM.IMG_20170313_195442_zpsdxbd5f9r.jpg

I'm 29 and currently wearing a Suicidal Tendencies hat that I bought when I was 16 or so.

41m0LzUpLjL.jpg

I wear a lot of old shirts but I think this is the only thing that goes all the way back to high school. I have a few pairs of boardshorts that are probably around a decade old.
You better have that brim rolled.

My Grandfather still wears a jacket from 1976

Probably my oxblood rangers, those things are at least 20 years old.

I just throw out my leather jacket that I had in high school, it was 25 years old.

I have a Red Sox hat I got back in 2001 that I still wear during the summer.
My snowboarding jacket and pants almost as old, but I rarely wear them.

I've got a pair of IU basketball shorts from 1993 which are what I sleep in most nights. Everything else gets recycled pretty regularly.

Back