What is the most impressive win of DC career?

rb3b3

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was looking over dc career and i was wondering who you think is the BEST win of his career?

Hendo? out of prime 44 yrs old at time
Gustafson? Prime
rumble? Prime
Mir? out of prime 34 yrs old at time
Barnnett? out of prime 35 yrs old at time
Silva? out of prime 40 yrs old at time

i would have to say that gustafsson was his best win.

I am not trying to ridicule dc at all, you can only fight who is put in front of you and dc beat everyone that was put in front of him since jones is a convicted cheater.

Does DC belong in GOAT talks? If we can NOT list JJ as a GOAT, then does DC gain access in a top 5 goat list? i dont believe so.

I'd say the first Rumble Johnson win. Overcame major adversity in the first and later on finished a Johnson who was on a huge KO streak, one of the most dangerous strikers ever at the time.

That one time Jon didn't finish him.

EDIT: in all seriousness, his first fight with Rumble. After he ate Rumble's huge right and kept going I gained a lot of hespect for him. But also the first thing I said.

He's the only person to beat rumble in his proper weight class

Rumble. Took some of his best strikes and then just proceeded to break him down. Twice.

He's got a lot of solid wins.

At the time Big Foot had just beat Fedor and DC came out of nowhere and knocked him out as a backup in the tournament. Big Foot was 13-2 at the time.

Then he beat Josh Barnette which was also impressive. Daniel manhandled him.

Both the Rumble wins were impressive. Even in the second fight most people had believed Rumble would win with a knockout. He was blitzing everyone he fought and DC dominated him again.

HOnestly probably Barnett or Bigfoot. He wasnt even in the strikeforce grand prix to start and came out on top. He was the underdog in both fights and was still very green in MMA. Bigfoot and Josh were also juiced to shit.

I was looking over dc career and i was wondering who you think is the BEST win of his career?

Gustafson? Prime
rumble? Prime

I am not trying to ridicule dc at all, you can only fight who is put in front of you and dc beat everyone that was put in front of him since jones is a convicted cheater.

Does DC belong in GOAT talks? If we can NOT list JJ as a GOAT, then does DC gain access in a top 5 goat list? i dont believe so.

Frank Mir was arguably in his prime coming off wins vs Nog,Mirko and dominating Roy Nelson before losing to JDS.Barnett was on an 8 fight win streak and 13-2 in his last 15 with losses only to Nog and Mirko.You're juicing your numbers here bad.

Time wise I would say Barnett was his most impressive win as he was a relative unknown and Barnett was a very highly ranked veteran.Timing aside I would say his win over Gustafsson was his most impressive despite being as high as a -315 favorite to close and averaging around -260 to close (which is a little crazy to me).

Last edited:
Josh Barnett in my opinion. I don't recall ever seeing someone manhandle Barnett like that.

Frank Mir was arguably in his prime coming off wins vs Nog,Mirko and dominating Roy Nelson before losing to JDS.Barnett was on an 8 fight win streak and 13-2 in his last 15 with losses only to Nog and Mirko.You're juicing your numbers here bad.

Time wise I would say Barnett was his most impressive win as he was a relative unknown and Barnett was a very highly ranked veteran.Timing aside I would say his win over Gustafsson was his most impressive win.

i didnt juice numbers, i stated facts. At least we agree which was his most impressive win. i couldnt decide between rumble 1 or ag but i think ag is a better fighter than rumble. he has more heart thats for sure

Rumble 1

Short notice
Rumble looked like he could just blow on people and KO them
Rumble just knocked Gus into thinking about retirement

Gustafson? Prime
rumble? Prime

He has a ton of great wins... Great Champion Fighter.

The way he Son'd Dan Henderson was such a dominating clinic though... I think nobody expected such a performance by him.

Back