What is the hardest part of being a man?

Well it's more that I seem angry, aggressive, and aloof. Which I am, around people I don't give a fuck about. But underneath all that, I'm really sensitive and caring and nurturing.

giphy.gif
What ever made you think you could get away with showing a woman that side of you?

The only people who get to see that side of you are your best friends and your sons. Everyone else needs you to be strong or it's going to be too much for them.

That’s not what my wife says.
to be fair i probably have an easier time with it. it literally affects nothing, i just bleed 3 days and that's it. it's nothing to me.

my sister gets wrecked with cramps and shit tho lol.

It's probably the biggest thing that fucks up shy and inexperienced guys, because it feels counter intuitive. You have to show caring and interest, but not too little and not too much.

53029913.jpg
yeah but once you realize you love someone and you feel like its been established she feels the same way, it seems dumb to play games. but apparently thats the wrong move with women. the game never stops. at least it didnt in my case.

yeah but once you realize you love someone and you feel like its been established she feels the same way, it seems dumb to play games. but apparently thats the wrong move with women. the game never stops. at least it didnt in my case.
Well.... I've been friend zoned before by a girl I married. So, yeah, imo the game never ends unless you find the magical unicorn woman that communicates honestly. I am really not good at reading cues and signals and body language, and adjusting my entire personality accordingly.

Just seems like so much effort. The great thing about being a man is we can just whip it out piss, and put it back where it belongs.

And if you are obese like me its bad for the anus to sit on the comode all the time.

Well.... I've been friend zoned before by a girl I married. So, yeah, imo the game never ends unless you find the magical unicorn woman that communicates honestly. I am really not good at reading cues and signals and body language, and adjusting my entire personality accordingly.
damn that sucks, man. It seems like nothing worse than being friendzoned by someone you're in a serious relationship with.

to be fair i probably have an easier time with it. it literally affects nothing, i just bleed 3 days and that's it. it's nothing to me.

my sister gets wrecked with cramps and shit tho lol.

3 days but cramps. And bitchy. But horny too. It’s a mixed bag.

Oh and “I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die.”

damn that sucks, man. It seems like nothing worse than being friendzoned by someone you're in a serious relationship with.
She broke up with me like we were in junior high. In hindsight I'm glad, because it turned tragedy into comedy. But yeah... I am not good in the social skills department.

upload_2018-7-12_22-35-11.jpeg

Thread title should read: "What part of being a man is the least awesome?"

Because our frosted, manly mug of life is decidedly half full.

I didn't know they wives were allowed to friend-zone guys.

Wtf? I'm sure it violates some rule in some book somewhere.

For the majority of men I'd say the hardest part about being a man is simply disappointment. Remember in elementary school you were the kid who could run the fastest or was the funniest or had the most video games? Then you get to high school and some other boy just wrecked you in track. That same boy gets obliterated at the local intramural. This is while all the girls are looking and you're just finding out about sex. You have a first crush that ends up as nothing and then endless rejections before you learn game. There are horrible first jobs that you endure because you don't know any better.

For some, life is easy or lucky. But for most this is reality. The theme of man is how he overcomes disappointment and how he can rise above it and better himself. I fear for this generation however. In this safe world where everyone is equal and everyone gets a participation trophy, boys are being coddled. As they get older and they realize the harsh reality of dating, jobs, and general disposability of men in society they have little coping mechanisms to rise above those challenges.

Paying for stuff. Always and forever. As soon as your get your first teenage girlfriend. Start buying someone else a whole bunch of shit.

Pay for her bar tabs, dinner meals, nights out, gifts, day vacation dates, vacations.

Pay large sum for wedding. Pay mortgage on new house. Begin always paying two car payments. Pay all your insurance. Pay all their insurance. Buy all the food. Buy all the provisions.

Get taxed, pay for everyone else's healthcare. Get taxed more, property, state, federal, local, sales. Pay for retirement.

Have kids, buy alllllllllllll their shit. Formula, diapers, toy Food, clothes. Pay for all the school. musical instruments, musical lessons, all the sports equipment for all the sports. Pay for sports clubs and travel. All family extracurricular activities of any kind. Pay for summer vacations, pay for all family outings.

Pay for affairs, pay all lawyer fees, pay all the alimony, pay all the child support.

If you are a man who earns and breathes, you will pay. Forever

For the majority of men I'd say the hardest part about being a man is simply disappointment. Remember in elementary school you were the kid who could run the fastest or was the funniest or had the most video games? Then you get to high school and some other boy just wrecked you in track. That same boy gets obliterated at the local intramural. This is while all the girls are looking and you're just finding out about sex. You have a first crush that ends up as nothing and then endless rejections before you learn game. There are horrible first jobs that you endure because you don't know any better.

For some, life is easy or lucky. But for most this is reality. The theme of man is how he overcomes disappointment and how he can rise above it and better himself. I fear for this generation however. In this safe world where everyone is equal and everyone gets a participation trophy, boys are being coddled. As they get older and they realize the harsh reality of dating, jobs, and general disposability of men in society they have little coping mechanisms to rise above those challenges.

Why is this gender specific?

Paying for stuff. Always and forever. As soon as your get your first teenage girlfriend. Start buying someone else a whole bunch of shit.

Pay for her bar tabs, dinner meals, nights out, day vacation dates, vacations.

Pay large sum for wedding. Pay mortgage on new house. Begin iBegin always paying two car payments. Pay all your insurance. Pay all their insurance. Buy all the food. Buy all the provisions.

Get taxed, pay for everyone else's healthcare. Get taxed more, property, state, federal, local, sales. Pay for retirement.

Have kids, buy alllllllllllll their shit. Formula, diapers, toy Food, clothes. Pay for all the school. musical instruments, musical lessons, all the sports equipment for all the sports. Pay for sports clubs and travel. All family extracurricular activities of any kind. Pay for summer vacations, pay for all family outings.

Pay for affairs, pay all lawyer fees, pay all the alimony, pay all the child support.

I was trying to figure out the best way to word something similar. You said it much better.

Also these are the MINIMUM expectations as a man. You could do all of that and still be considered a failure as a man

Pay for her bar tabs, dinner meals, nights out, gifts, day vacation dates, vacations.

Pay large sum for wedding. Pay mortgage on new house. Begin always paying two car payments. Pay all your insurance. Pay all their insurance. Buy all the food. Buy all the provisions.

Confession - I love having a girl pay for something. It makes me feel like a pimp. Doesn't matter what it is; a cup of coffee, a chocolate bar, a present, whatever. And it's also sort of a role reversal... Most guys are spending on a girl, it's cool to have it the other way around.

Why is this gender specific?
Hmm good question. I'd say biological imperatives on being the best in male-centric activities translate into social function ie. the same reason guys will go around in circles discussing the GOAT basketball player (Jordan/Lebron) or greatest conqueror (Alexander/Caesar/Genghis). Women also suffer disappointment but it's more societal I think (like not having a kid for example) versus natural ability that is far more hardset.

Also women don't need to stick their neck out as much especially in dating.

Back