What is the fastest you have ever driven a car?

Every car I owned had a governor that kicked in at 110

130 something in a M3. During the rice rocket days my friend also punched in the 130s in a Honda Civic with a Integra engine and mods while I was a passenger. Another friend hit over 150 in a Civic with a Prelude engine, turbo, other mods, etc. He blew his engine though. I've drove some friends cars with slicks on the 1/4 mile track that is capable of doing high 12's/low 13s, but not sure what top speed I hit during the process. I couldn't even clock that fast though. My friend could drive the same car over 1 second faster then me even though I have quicker times off the line. I didn't have the power shifting skills like him. This was way back in the day though. Now a days so many stock cars are capable of more speed. The M3 now compared to a modified M3 20 years ago is leaps and bounds faster

160 mph on my Hurricane back in the day. 135 without a helmet. My friend who was much more sane than me got killed on his. I sold mine the day after we buried him. Only 120 mph or so in a car.

136mph in a friend's Camaro. Not impressive, lots of noise, wandered on the road a bit. Was a new car too.

165mph on a liter sportbike. Felt like a tractor beam. Almost dull. Felt more exhilaration going 135mph in sweeping corners.

All in the perception.

I had the speedometer needle in my 57 Chevy pointed straight down.
ACF1D1AC67844345AC216576E4BB81AF.jpg

I had my 1969 Corvette up to 160 mph.

I don't know which was faster and how linear the 57 speedometer was beyond 120.

On a racetrack in a racing experience car at Talladega, 170 mph, which is about as fast as the cars are set up to go. They have a car in front of you that you follow.

I've also gone c + 60 mph in a car. I went back in time to the point I was going 60 mph.

I had a 78 firebird. It was modified by the previous owner so it had more pop than an original. I got it up to 150 MPH. It was scary as hell.
Specs on 78 bird?
Motor
Trans
Gears
Etc

Pics?

I’ve owned 5 77-79 t/a’s , 3 were 78’s.

Love those cars.

136mph in a friend's Camaro. Not impressive, lots of noise, wandered on the road a bit. Was a new car too.

165mph on a liter sportbike. Felt like a tractor beam. Almost dull. Felt more exhilaration going 135mph in sweeping corners.

All in the perception.

What you are doing it in makes a big diffeeence

Fastest car-unknown speed before gps was readily available > 180mph
Fastest bike unknown speed again before gps > 200

Scariest ride I own, 123mph in my drag boat feels like 300mph vs something with wheels

What you are doing it in makes a big diffeeence

Fastest car-unknown speed before gps was readily available > 180mph
Fastest bike unknown speed again before gps > 200

Scariest ride I own, 123mph in my drag boat feels like 300mph vs something with wheels

Bet this would seem Fast!

110-115 in an Eclipse

The scariest thing is not being able to decelerate right away. Like, I wanted to be back to 70 MPH right away but several seconds later I was still at 90 MPH.

130 on the Autobahn.

I was also young at the time. Now I rarely go over 130km/h, even on highway. I noticed that as I'm getting older I'm already starting to drive like a grandma.
lol, yeah, ditto... I was never much of a speed demon but now that I can afford a fast car I'm too used to being responsible to abuse it like it deserves to be.

Buried the speedometer; it went to 125 in a 85 Diplomat cop car.

In my younger more foolish days I bought myself a Porsche Boxster S and got in a race with a AMG Mercedes coming home from a Raptors playoff game in Detroit at about 2am in the morning. I hit 140MPH at the top just West of London on a very quiet stretch of the 401 before I backed off thinking this was nuts. That is the fastest i have ever gone on the streets.

I used to take my car for track days with the Porsche Club and race it and race other cars they would bring and hit 160MPH many times.

Racing on the track and going through all the safety stuff they force you to completely purged me of the idea of ever racing again on the street. Just because I feel I am a competent driver who can handle that speed, I don't know if they other guy racing me is and if he crashes and kills someone I go to jail for manslaughter too. I never raced again on the streets after that and saved it for the track days.

14605050000101.jpg

supposedly 148 mph in an actual race car but the engine was restricted and I think the actual top speed of that car was actually 120-130 mph, probably isn't smart for a regular person to be driving faster than that.

150-ish in KM

not sure about miles. That is my top that I am willing to go. Just too freaky.

Back